Mike Yarwood

Another childhood star gone.
A Saturday night staple in the 70s and 80s.

10 Likes

Such a clever guy, RIP

4 Likes

Another great performer passes r.i.p

Silly Billy.

Unfortunately the Beeb chose a clip of his Frank Spencer and even as a kid I bloody hated Some mothers do have ‘em.

He was clearly an inspiration for so many other household names and even though I didn’t really know what Heath and Wilson were up to at that tender age, he still made me laugh somehow.

2 Likes

Way ahead of his time.
RIP Mike.

4 Likes

Absolutely huge on TV up until the late 70s and essential viewing at the time. Much hilarity - RIP.

2 Likes

Yes, and then he just faded away. He popped up on my Facebook page in his retirement home, photographed with Richard O’Sullivan

2 Likes

Very sad after so many good memories.
It was salutary to hear reported that he could or would not adapt to the new politics of Thatcher and Major. Such a. Sh ame.

Mike Yarwood stood tall in a special time of television giants. Yarwood and Parkinson enjoyed and thrived with massive viewing figures when we had three or four channels to choose from. Never to be repeated success in this country. RIP Mike Yarwood.

Peter

1 Like

A very talented person and a great entertainer shame we haven’t got the same about at the moment.

1 Like

“When Jack Jones asked me to form a government”.

RIP.

1 Like

He was fantastic, the first and the best. He started a succession of people who copied him. Some were good and some did better impressions of specific people, but no one had his charm.

I can’t remember the details, but I remember him sort of disappearing off our screens quite abruptly. I think it was something to do with his drinking. He drank for his nerves, but eventually controlled the drinking. However, he then said he couldn’t do his work without the drink.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.