Mobile Streaming

So gave up on the Hiby R3, just bought the Audioquest Dragonfly Cobalt (again).

I popped into Richer sounds guys as always supremely helpful, even got to try a few IEM as was interested in the SE425, they had demo pairs with a stack of new buds, was disappointed, damn cable was very stiff.

Anyway I thinks to much over analysis, Cobalt bought I stay portable, get the full MQA unfold, so content.

Your so fickle. What did you not like about the se425? I find them pretty balanced but do lack some low end. Next one’s up in the range provide this but are more than I would pay for mobile.

Low end was the issue with the 425, but to be fair on my Shure e2c (old but new as barely used) I have the buds set perfectly.

Plus I bought one of them man pouch wristlet (very pimp/drug dealer type), but superb for phablets and the AQ Cobalt fits nice and the headphones.

So all in all the compactness means it will get a lot of use.

So playing around with USB Audio Player Pro UAPP, to get the maximum from the AQ Cobalt I stumbled across the headphone Morphit Add In, was £3.5 and claims to give the ability to tune your OE, AE and IE types to a large selection of headphone profiles including a generic HIFi setting.

It allows a 90sec trial, to be honest it took allot less to decide to purchase the app.

I settled on Generic Hifi, but using MorphIt means I have to switch off Bit Perfect mode, but the improvement is very impressive, dare I say far greater than any DAC I have tried.

Early days though an more testing to do, but for now I turned it off as want the AQ Cobalt to run in and settle.

Wondering if anyone else has tried it?

Yep did the trial. Did not like it and you loose MQA with it.

Doh major face palm, should have realised when I had to turn off bit perfect and no refund now.

I am sure you can take the hit. Hardly you most expensive tweak.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.