Morgana DIN arrived but

Happy my Witch Hat Morgana interconnect arrived, but they sent a 1.0m instead of the 1.25m I ordered. No doubt they’ll refund the difference in cost, good folks.

But the question is this: Does the cable length affect sound quality? I know Naim use the specific length they do because they feel it sounds better.

I would say it’s fine. And easier for dressing.
@Richard.Dane should confirm.

1 Like

Zero Difference.

1 Like

In theory less cable length is nearer to no cable.
Make of that what you will, but with less C, L & R to change the purity of the output signal, if there are any audible differences, it should sound better.

Of course they will refund. Or they should send what you ordered. Doubt they will balk.

I’ve not compared different lengths of the Morgana on Naim, so couldn’t really say one way or the other.

1 Like

If they felt it made a difference on this cable, then they would only sell one lenght.
They are made to order and with that comes the ability to supply different lenghts.

3 Likes

But does Naim recommend a minimum length of interconnects between a source and amps or between pre and amp? It was more my questioning.

1 Like

Naim recommend their interconnects, which are between 1 and 1.25m long. I don’t think they recommend anything other than that.

More details can be read here;

2 Likes

So the OP should be fine with 1 m.

1 Like

Thanks for the responses! All good. Time to run it in.

1 Like

Superlumina is standard 1.5m!

2 Likes

You will find it will lengthen to the desired 1.25m after being run in.

2 Likes

My Morgana’s arrived last Thursday. The RCA-DIN was fatiguing at first so put it on the Node2i to run in 24/7. Just switched it back to the LP12 and it’s opening up nicely!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.