Morgana XLRs arriving

I will be surprised if you are disappointed, ifyou try. I have the same power amplifier as you. You have nothing to lose, as you can return the item for are refund. If you do, I think they will be staying :blush:

1 Like

Hmmm…that looks rather tempting. Does anyone have experience of a comparison between NACA5 and Phantom speaker cable? Simply being a bit more flexible would be nice, although with my current setup isn’t entirely necessary…

Hi i have naca5, witchhats n5 and witchhats phantom cable, i use the phantom cable these days and the rest is in my cable box.
But the phantom is more like the naim super lamina cable in sound and quality and is a bargin for its price, i compared them both against each other and was quite surprised at the out come. The n5 also lets more detail through than the naca5 plus is easy to work with.

5 Likes

Just taken advantage of the 10% discount and ordered a Morgana din to din interconnect to try between my Ndac and XS2, hope it’s as good as all the reports

4 Likes

I capitulated. Resistance is futile !

2 Likes

:rofl:

2 Likes

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Good man, enjoy :blush:

1 Like

Thanks. Gone for a 2-pack with the Phantom as well. Good listening coming up !

2 Likes

Will have a full interconnect loom next month hopefully.

3 Likes

Your in for real treat.

1 Like

…and the following month, I predict the Phantom coming :blush:

1 Like

I’ve just ordered Morgana interconnect for my NDX2 to SN3 on the basis of previous posts.

1 Like

Have you tried or used a HiLine? I wonder how it compares to the Morgana. I have the Morgana XLR mono cables and Phantom speaker cable, but for the case of the IC it was cheaper for me to buy a secondhand HiLine DIN-DIN cable.

After the Morgana 4-5 Din didn’t work out for me between my Superline/SCDR and 252 I’ve started watching out for a used HiLine variant. I admit I’m a bit put off by the HiLine fragility though.

I have a Morgana between my NDX and SN2 and I’m very happy with the improvement it brought to my system, I’m looking forward to hearing what it can do for the NDX2 SN3.

1 Like

Me too…I just broke mine and need to get it repaired, which won’t be happening anytime soon. One of the plastic collars on the plug broke. It’s really pretty fragile for such an expensive cable. I doubt I would buy another like it.

1 Like

I have 2 highlines, not any more, morgana’s now.
The highline is a nice cable, apart from how fragile it is, plus it cant touch anything, other than that its great lol.
I wouldn’t buy another one ever again, just not worth the hassle and a very poor design when you thing about it

2 Likes

Also while we are talking about cables, i had to take a look inside my XLR 500 cables today and to my shock it looks like normal twin and earth mains cable, as the colours are, brown, blue and the green/yellow, just as you will find in most mains cable. Now i dont know for sure if its anything special, but the way it looks doesn’t inspire confidence.
Thats probably why the mono morgana cables made such a big difference to the standard naim 500 ones.

1 Like

Joaquin, used a hiline for 20 years, never had a problem with it, liked the improvement over standard lavender naim. Now I use Morgana- makes the hiline seem thin and peaky. For me Morgana gives a much more open, balanced and satisfying presentation- cheaper but a lot better.

3 Likes

Reading their Morgana prototype feedback, they specifically retuned the cable to beat the Hiline in their opinion.

2 Likes