Morgana XLRs arriving

It is a suspected faulty cable. Returning it for testing and either refund or replacement.

1 Like

Marcsnaim quick question I’m new to naim equipment and love it… Iv had a problem from day one n I’ve just read uv moved Ur earth from 252 to supercap… Can u tell me why… As iv always had a constant low buzz through my speakers and don’t know how to eliminate… Thanks

@Thescotsman the Superline is really sensitive. In the past I’ve found I can reduce background hum by attaching the tonearm earth lead to the earth binding post on the 252 as opposed to the one on the Superline. No idea why that would make a difference. At other times the Superline earth point works best. LED lamps can be nasty too. These over my kitchen island are particularly bad.

I can’t honestly say I hear a difference in the sound quality while playing a record but I usually turn them off for critical listening.

2 Likes

Hello there. I thought I would give you update on Witch Hat Morgana cables. Well all I can say I’m extremely satisfied and works well in conjunction with Phantom speaker cables. A really all round good match with PMC Twenty5 26. I’m not going to try and quantify the sound to you, as our rooms and systems are different. I know you were still last looking at new inter connects and speaker cable. I would certainly give this combination a try or at least the Morgana. You have nothing to lose with Witch Hats 30 day refund policy. I should add that the Morgana replaced the Witch Hat Hatpin 4X cable and was a very noticeable step up.

1 Like

Well i tried the full SL loom did not work out in my room, but was rather surprised that the new Kudos ks-1 worked a treat. So i will now in the next few weeks try a Morgana loom. Thanks for the update👍

1 Like

Your welcome. My next trial will be to fit Iso acoustics Gaia iii feet to the PMC’s. Will drop you a line on the outcome.

2 Likes

The Iso Acoustics Gaia worked well under my Isobariks. I did wonder if they would, given that the speakers are resting on spikes on top of the steel frame stands, but even with the Gaia on the stands the improvement was quite substantial. Bass is much better defined. At first I thought the bass was lessened but it’s not that at all, it’s just that they now only play bass when there is actually supposed to be bass. As much as I’ve always loved Briks I’d be the first to admit they are not the fastest of speakers, however now, in active mode with NAP 250DRs, Phantom Cable, Morgana XLRs and Gaia feet they have become pretty nimble. Not quite IBLs but I’m very content at the moment.

Interesting. Your observations, suggest they should be a good match with Witch Hat Morgana and Phantom. Looking forward to trying. Thank you for the reply.

Anyone who is interested in purchasing Witch Hat cables, i.e. Morgana. Witch Hat are offering 10% off over the Easter period.

2 Likes

10%? Typical. I ordered a 300 pair yesterday.

I received the e-mail notification yesterday, so hopefully you will qualify for the discount. I would contact them to clarify the situation. You could always cancel original order, then reorder.

Thanks for the tip off.

I ordered yesterday afternoon and received the notification soon afterwards, I’d assume an automated response. No harm in asking. Thanks.

Top marks to Witch Hat. I phoned their number and got no response, which wasn’t a surprise at all - it’s a Bank Holiday during a lockdown, so I sent an email expecting to hear something back next week. Within 5 minutes got a reply back with a nice message and a yes of course we can apply a discount. Neat.

Little things like that earn a disporportionate amount of goodwill.

6 Likes

Very happy that all turned out well for you. Just wait till you get the Morgana’s, I predict they will not be going back. Happy days :blush:

1 Like

I have gotten discounts from WitchHat just by asking, since I’m a repeat customer.

Same here. They’re pretty good like that. The 4-5 Din didn’t work out for me for some reason so I should be getting a refund on that. Very happy with the XLRs on mid and treble still.

1 Like

Great to hear!

Going to be hard to avoid the temptation on Morganas DIN to XLR for NAP 300DR over the next few days !

2 Likes

I couldn’t resist, I’ve placed an order for a new DIN to RCA from my phono stage plus an addition 2 for use elsewhere in my system.