Most hated song

In terms of albums, that one stands out as one that is very well regarded, but that I find utterly unlistenable. It’s like nails on a chalkboard.

1 Like

Radical.

Hates such a powerful word, there’s a lot of stuff I dislike probably We Are The Champions by Queen sits at the top followed closely by just about everything else they do.

Another that should get a mention is Eye Of The Tiger by I have no idea who cause I block my ears whenever I hear it.

Hope we’re all thick skinned cause there’s a few above that I actually like and I’m sure others do as well.

3 Likes

Seasons in the Sun deserves opprobrium, but please do yourself a favour and check out the original on which it was based, Le Moribond [The Dying Man] by Jacques Brel. Lines like (paraphrased) “Farewell, Antoine, I didn’t like you very much / Look after my wife when I’m gone / I know you looked after her well enough when I was alive” etc.

3 Likes

Ha, that was Survivor.

The 7 inch was one of my first records I bought with my pocket money. That song coupled with the film Rocky was soooooooooooo powerful to a young boys ears.

But I agree, difficult to listen to it now except for pure nostalgia.

1 Like

It’s a shame that people are asked for their most hated song. How can anyone really hate a song? How can anyone say they hate all jazz? Do they really or are they just saying it’s not their cup of tea? I’m not keen on heavy metal or prog but I don’t actively hate it. There is so much negativity in the world that it seems a bit unnecessary to identify particular songs you hate. School children do this a lot - I hate X, I hate Y - but grown adults?

8 Likes

We sang that in Leicestershire

Springsteen’s Born in the USA I find unlistenable. Mull of Kintyre definitely up there, indeed pretty much anything with bagpipes.

Bruce

2 Likes

The original seasons in the sun is creepier

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cXAKq5QvX4k

But the worst song ever is the Crazy Frog :frog:

No way! Well there you go, it was national…probably the best song ever created when your 7 years old.

I guess the title should say ‘the song you simply can’t listen to’.

1 Like

I love that song… reminds me of summer holidays in my very much younger youth…

My most loathed song is D:Ream - Things Can Only Get Better. … makes me reach for the off button if it comes up on the car radio.

5 Likes

He also did that weird Frog Chorus song, I dont know which is worse.

Joe Dolce - Shaddap You Face
Rolf Harris - Two Little Boys
In fact any of the so called novelty songs.

I’ve been thinking about this and the curmudgeon in me has been triggered and I’ve realised there are whole genres of music that I find unlistenable. To name a few:
thrash, electro, house, dub, dance, trance etc etc. Also power ballads and absolutely anything by The Smiths.

There, I feel better now :blush:

2 Likes

No mention of ‘The Smurf Song’ yet? - with that weirdo Father Abraham…

1 Like

Is that a song? :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Prof Brian Cox’s finest hour… :radioactive:

1 Like

Sorry John but got to call you out on this how can you not understand the artistic significance of timeless classics such as:
The Funky Gibbon - The Goodies
Agadoo - Black Lace
Ive Got a Brand New Combine Harvester - The Wurzels
And your comment about The Smiths well if i ever need cheering up i put on a Smiths Album :sunglasses:

7 Likes

You forgot that all time classic ‘Telephone Man ‘ by Melanie

4 Likes

Driving into work yesterday Radio London decided today pay tribute to the late Des O’Connor and played “Dicka Dum Dum” Somethings are best forgotten.

3 Likes