Motorbikes

it is, great bike

7 Likes

Oooh I am soooo jealous, I’m currently looking for a YZF 750 but yours is a dream bike!

1 Like

R7 = Fabulous bike

Only had an early R6 myself but loved the power and handling. Maybe should have kept the mint GSX550 - would have been a nice ‘retro’ bike for a sensible run now and again. The Aprilia is my Fab bike though :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Lion fish, poisonous spines

The new arrival😁

6 Likes

Just picked this up as a restoration project, always wanted one.

6 Likes

Restoration you say? Looks pretty good from here. Enjoy!

1 Like

Very nice !

2 Likes

Yes, nice bike. Feels similar to the old cbr600. Lots of torque and very solid feel in the corners

2 Likes

It’s not as good as it looks, not bad but my OCD will kick in and I want it to be nice.

I really miss my CBR600s. I had 3 of them. Being a bit “rev happy”, I used to hit the red line in every gear and watch the World go into fast forward accompanied by that incredible scream. Despite this treatment, the bikes were totally reliable. The biggest failure was a blown headlamp bulb! As I got older, I found that my legs could no longer take the knee bend so that I could only ride for an hour non stop.
My modern bike now is a Yamaha MT07 Tracer, pic to come later.

Similar story for me, old age and the weight on the wrists made me change.
The trident is a more sedate position

This is my other “sensible” bike with an upright riding position!

[quote=“SHEP, post:94, topic:13875, full:true”]
I really miss my CBR600s. I had 3 of them. Being a bit “rev happy”, I used to hit the red line in every gear and watch the World go into fast forward accompanied by that incredible scream. Despite this treatment, the bikes were totally reliable. The biggest failure was a blown headlamp bulb! As I got older, I found that my legs could no longer take the knee bend so that I could only ride for an hour non stop.
My modern bike now is a Yamaha MT07 Tracer, pic to come later.
[/quote]

4 Likes

As these things go, KTM is a realtively newer and smaller presence hear in the U.S. But, IMO, they make really lovely bikes. Would love to try one.

A lockdown project for restoration, if you can guess the make, model and year you win a coconut

4 Likes

Sunbeam?

Looks like a late 30’s BSA 350 or 500 single to me H30 ?

A pre unit triumph circa 1940’s.?

1938 Triumph Tiger T70?

Where’s Henry Cole and Sam Lovegrove when you need them … :slight_smile:

1 Like