Moving coil cartridges

I’ve had an Asaka way back, got it rebuild by Expert Stylus at fair price, not sure if they are still in business though.
Sounded great onto K boards. (“K”=Karma) (“S”=Supex)

I believe the lowest priced Linn cartridge of today are the Krystal.

Linn Troika would be a perfect fit.
Find an old one and send it off to “Uncle David”, at Goldring.

2 Likes

Another vote for rebuilding the Asaka. Expert Stylus did a great job with my Koetsu, several users reported good results with Troika rebuilds from Goldring.

1 Like

Not sure what difficulty you refer to…?
I found it very straight forward to source an unused / unloved 1992 Troika.
Also, David at Goldring was a delight to deal with and the process is so easy.

On the other hand, if the OP wishes to rebuild their old Asaka, that’s good too.

If I understood correctly …

… alternative suggestions were also invited !

Hope that helps.

To further clarify …
The OP has invited alternative suggestions…
Reference is then made to an alternative suggestion as first difficult and later onerous

No doubt the OP will consider all options proposed and decide which are appropriate to investigate further…

For the record, it’s not so difficult to find a good old Troika.
In fact, any Troika, (with body in reasonable condition), is fine. As the rebuild pretty much replaces all the internals. Just to remind you and anyone else, take a look at this post :

You commented on this at the time… (Which was appreciated).

So, this is a positive suggestion - for anyone (1) " needing a moving coil cartridge to suit relaxed listening" ; (2) for Linn Ittok, on Linn LP12 ; (3) Also, fits well with the “K” internal phono board, in existing olive Naim Pre Amp

Hope that helps further…

1 Like

Hello, in reply to all your suggestions which once again I will thank you all for collectively, I believe I will try and find a troika for re build if I cannot then I will as you suggested have the asaka rebuilt, I suppose it makes sense and synergy a linn cartridge in a linn arm, now the hunt is on for that troika.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.