Moving on from the superline

I had the P9 before. Very nice deck. It’s sad that the new rega rp10 or p10 are not so nice today.

You not as nice in looks? I guess both are sonically better than the P9 even if the looks aren’t to everyone’s taste.

Yes, p10 and rp10 are better without contest. But I prefer the look of the P9.

1 Like

Agreed. It’s great the P9 gives you the option of different wood finishes on the plinth as it’s fairly easy to remove. There was someone on another site used his P9 without the plinth and said it sounded better. I always wonder if Rega saw that, tested it for themselves and then decided that the next generation would do without the plinth entirely, so bringing us the RP10 and now P10. Less being more and all that…

2 Likes

in the rega book it is said that Roy Gandy thought the wooden plinth had a very slight negative effect on sound quality but the gains in tuning the power supply to eliminate all vibration from the motor, far outweighed the outer plinths effect. People wanted the wood cause it looked nice.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.