Mu-So 1 gen and Qb 2 gen multiroom

Is it really that I have to have Spotify’s ad free paid version to get multiroom function?

I havn’t tried with the “free version” but doesn’t the paid for “just” allow donwloads and no adds ? Maybe how you are using it, you need the naim app as well.
Choose the device in Spotify you want to listen to…
Open the naim app. Choose the same device (it’s the master), select Multi Room, bottom right, away you go…

Actually I haven’t read material properly - just noticed word Spotify, Multiroom etc.

You have to have Spotify premium if you want to use multiroom - Naim tells it very clearly in their website.

I wonder why as the Niam app controls the Multi room on Android unless it’s a specific hook in

Is there alternative way to control Mu-So’s? 3rd party app or software?

(This seems to have too many isues with logig and problems especially with multiroom function.)

Ok - I bought Spotify premium… Who has designed these apps…

If I want to skip something - I have to go to Spotify app and when I’m there and I want to adjust only one speakers volume i have to go to volume/room settings in Naim app… and when listening spotify and if I want to listen only one Mu-So for a while I can’t reconnect to multiroom from spotify app - I need to go to Naim app… Wich doesen’t have possibility to skip…

Is Tidal any better? or do you have any idea which way to look… These has quite good sound and are definitely beautiful, but you can’t live with these not so logic functions. And of cource - older mu-so cuts soud every now and then… (an has stronger wifi - before that worked fine, when it was the only one…)

I would try try apple-tv + naim multiroom - But I already know that rotten apple doesen’t work properly with other sources than their own…

Agreed it is a pain, go into Spotify, choose a speaker, now the primary, switch to NAIM app and select multi room.
Then you can only see your spotify queue in the Spotify app but can only control multi room functionality, volume etc in the NAIM app…
Havn’t tried Tidal…

And of cource - older mu-so cuts soud every now and then

That is also a pain. I have a feeling it’s down to Spotify or the apps rather than the wireless, as when the sound cuts it does so on the Wired and Wireless MuSo’s…although a bit random… will be testing soon with all Wired and better Wi-Fi but that won’t be soon…
It does seem better ff you Stream the music from a PC (so Spotify App on PC) rather than a phone and use the phone app to control the Multi room.

BUT the sound when it plays is Wonderful :slight_smile:

Actually I think sound cutting is app or device problem - gen 2 works fine in multiroom mode, gen 1 cuts sound every now and then, when gen2 plays music normally.

I use mostly tablet wich controls my home… Tested iPhone ja android phone…

OT: I came to my summerhouse yesterday and only turned 30 eur bluetooth speaker on without any hassle… Ok thats not even same class and has no multiroon fuction.
But I need to try is it possible to use multiroom via bluetooth or 3,5mm socket…

Agreed. My Muso2 is just incredible, other people who have heard it can’t believe it.

BUT

This buggy behaviour we discuss on here seems to make it even more irritating.

Back at home - bought tidal’s premium to see, if it’s better than spotify and even more speed to connection (then I learned that slowest device in wifi network slows every other too).

Then I found problem. App has lost QB2… (This may be related that I connected with chromecast once)

I do have to admit - I would throw that piece on s… from the window, but I live in very busy street and this peace on machine could hurt also someone else.

I didn’t throw it away, but there is still some cutting when playing multiroom, even when it’s connected to cable - tried that too…
Somehow my quite old Grundig’s tv- works without missfires when using built in Netflix, I havent had problems with Apple tv… or laptops/tablets/phones.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.