Mu-so 2nd Gen Dropping Bluetooth Audio but Only When Connected To PC

Hello Naim folks,

I recently purchased a Mu-so 2nd Gen. All other connection options (Aux, HDMI, Spotify etc.) work no problem, but I’m having a very strange and very specific issue with Bluetooth connection. When playing through my phone or any other bluetooth device, the audio works flawlessly. When playing through my PC via say, Youtube or Bandcamp, the audio works flawlessly. But when playing through my PC from a media player source (iTunes, VLC, Windows Media have all had this happen.) I get about 20-30 minutes of play time before the signal drops very abruptly and the Mu-so shuts itself off and has to be powered on again. The worst part is, this is not the first unit that I’ve had that had this particular problem. My original Mu-so 2 was a floor model (I know,) that had this exact same issue. I figured maybe it was a problem with the unit and asked for (and got) a regular non-display unit. Only to be confronted with the exact same problem. So either Naim has the worst quality control in the business, or the problem is on my end somewhere.

So here are the steps I’ve tried:

1. Set the Mu-so as the audio source in the settings of my music player (iTunes, VLC, etc.)
  2. Removed and added my Mu-so 2 to my bluetooth device list on my PC.
  3. Tested General Bluetooth Connectivity via my phone (it works fine)
  4. Rolled back/Updated Bluetooth drivers on my PC.
    5.Factory reset my Mu-so2 via the pinhole on the side of the unit.
  5. (For the more technical among you) Looked at the windows event viewer log for the bluetooth connection, I get a warning message with the text “A command sent to the adapter has timed out. The adapter did not respond.” but that’s all.
  6. Ran Chkdsk on the external harddrive my music is stored on to check for any errors or bad sectors. Nothing.

I notice in the Naim App, when I stream from Youtube/Bandcamp etc via my PC to the Mu-so, the Naim app correctly picks up the streaming data (e.g. I get the artist and track names displayed) but when the audio source is from iTunes or another media source I do not get track metadata displayed in the app despite having said data displayed in my media player. Not sure if that means anything though.
Anyway, I’ve been beating my head against the wall for a little bit now and I thought I’d post and ask. Anyone experience anything like this? I know there are some threads dealing with losing bluetooth connection but this is odd and rather specific.

I’d appreciate any help. Before I forget, here are the relevant specs for my computer
Lenovo System Model 20MNS08X00
Windows 10 Professional 10.0.1
Bluetooth: Intel Wireless Bluetooth Driver Version 22.150.0.6

Thanks for any suggestions or help you may have, I’m completely stumped.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.