Mu-So 2nd gen - Present a Tidal or Qobuz playlist

Hi everyone,
my first post here.

I own a Mu-So 2md gen and while I can set a Spotify playlist as one of the 5 presets available in the dial pad on the Mu-So as one of the 5 Presets, I cannot do the same wkith Tidal or Qobuz playlists. They can be set as Favorites only, not as Preset.

I’m missing something?

Raffaele

Welcome to the forum!

If you go into the Qobuz section of the app, then choose the “My Playlists” section, you will see a list of your Qobuz playlists. Long press on your playlist and you should see an option to add it as a preset. I assume the same would be true of Tidal.

Mark

Thanks, will check once back home and report. I’m testing both services, and usability is part of the selection.

To my hears Qobuz feels noticeably better in quality for High Res music - in high frequencies and separation specifically, but overall UI and music discovery engine feels far superior in Tidal.

At same time, Tidal mobile app in Android is a large battery drainer with a background process that starts and does not stop if not forced… which is a pity.

Raffaele

Hi MortalWombatUK,
I tried as instructed but feels like I cannot do it.

The app has no change by doing a “long press”, and I’m sent to the standard playlist menu that has only the setting as a Favorite (that the playlist is already, being found in the “My Playlists” section. No option to add as a Preset.

I also tried it and whereas my NDX2 can present a playlist my QB1 can’t.

Feels like the MuSo 2 is supporting Spotify in special ways not available for other streaming platforms you can configure in it.

As an example, the touchpad allows for restart of last playlist but it restart only the Spotify one… If you were using Qobuz or Tidal in the meanwhile, even if via the Naim app, the touch playlist source will restart the last Spotify one.

Kind of an usability limitation, if we consider Spotify is the worst quality option and possibly the least used platform for standard Nain buyer… or not?

Raffaele

Seems odd… admittedly, I have an Atom rather than Muso Gen 2, but I would have thought it would have had an identical integration with the streaming services. I will post a video of it later this evening working on my Atom, just in case my instructions were misleading.

My Mum has a Muso 2, so next time I am at hers I will see if it is a different implementation.

Mark

Video of it working on Atom.

Adding Qobuz playlist to Presets

Video of it that does not work on Mu So 2nd gen.
Video from mobile (Android)

Raffaele

The Muso 2 has only 5 presets, right? These are activated by the icons on the volume dial. I am wondering if it makes a difference if you have no unassigned presets (I.e. you already have filled your 5 slots with presets)?
Just going from memory here…

You are right, it has only 5 presets and I had same idea… Tested with and without a free slot, it does not change and the menu ‘add as preset’ as per your video never appear.

Thanks for sharing!

Raffaele