Mu-so Qb - how do you transport yours?

Hopefully posted in the right category

Tried to look it up here and online, and may have missed it - any good experience and ideas on how to transport the Precious Qb safely and in style? Dedicated or just appropriate nice and sturdy box solutions?

I know some of you are taking these on your holidays and private yachts!

thanks everyone in advance

The Qb comes in a box. Why not just use that?

1 Like

I may be missing something here, but why can’t you just put in in the box it came in for safe transportation ?

1 Like

yes, indeed an option, which I’ve tried but thought it might not last much over more trips and it’s relatively softer? was wondering if people use anything better?

As the chaps say above, I stick mine into its original box, which even has a convenient carrying handle. Pack into the boot of the MINI beside something that will hold it steady, usually a case of wine, the two neatly fill the depth of the boot.

3 Likes

Life’s essentials right there :slight_smile:

I agree re original packaging, complete with carry handle. My Qb1 has had a lot of adventures and the box is holding up well.

3 Likes

ok, may be a box for the original box? one can’t be too careful with life’s essentials!:slight_smile:

I for one do that.

1 Like

Box = works for me.

1 Like

?? :smiley:

1 Like

It would be good if you could get a padded zip up bag with stiff plastic panels in the side’s and a carry handle. I can understand why you are looking for a different option than the original box.

1 Like

Pre-pandemic I used to house sit occasionally, and took the Muso a few times. Gently putting it on the back seat of the car with a seatbelt round it to stop it falling forward seemed to do the job, although the angle of the seat’s cushion did a good job of keeping it in place for the journey.

1 Like

Maybe next edition comes with a nice leather handle and battery-powerbank

1 Like

We had Piano Covers Online make two bespoke carrying bags for us once for sewing machines. Very robust. Their homepage has changed a bit, so I couldn’t find the bag type we got then. But I am sure they can help.

1 Like

I have carried my Naim for Bentley Muso Qb up and down the country for events in the boot of the car and the original packaging has protected it perfectly. Indeed, the packaging itself is still pretty much perfect too as I always protect that with the thick outer cardboard box which then takes the knocks and scrapes. If you’re really worried and you still have the outer cardboard box then I’d recommend you use that too.

2 Likes

I’d be more concerned about the wine.

1 Like

good to see some sparks of care, fresh instant packing solutions and modest indulgence appearing already:)

still to put your Bentley Mu-so into the Bentley, I was thinking of something more like this?

3 Likes

just checked their information, yes they seem to be making custom sized waterproof and nice felted covers indeed, different colours too! looks like an option indeed

At risk of going off topic, I use a cardboard wine delivery case, usually one from Lay and Wheeler. Take 12 bottles to fully load the case, stand upright at side of the boot,with the QB case in front of it and a case of clothes (I do take those as well) beside it. Wine is held steady, a few hours standing on arrival will settle any sediment in bottles with little sediment, save the finer wines for a day or 2 later when they’re fully settled.

3 Likes

wine theme is I believe fully justified and the connection organic

4 Likes