Munich show 2024

From Facebook:

Naim and Focal will be showcasing their exceptional audio solutions at the High-End Munich, one of the world’s leading Audio Shows for hi-fi and high-end Audio, from 9th to 12th of May.

Experience high-fidelity sound with Focal’s Scala Utopia Evo powered by Naim Uniti Nova PE. Enjoy the immersive sound of Aria Evo X speakers combined with the CI-Uniti 102 streamer amplifier as well as Naim Mu-so all-in-one systems.

Come and experience the signature sound of Naim and Focal.

4 Likes

The Luxman NT07 is a streaming transport only. My dealer keeps suggesting I take it home for a weekend but I’ve not got the funds for such things. He seems to think it is an inevitable part of my upgrade future.

2 Likes

Those speakers are $95K in NZ, and the Nova PE about $18K. Seems like both a crazy price and a crazy match. I guess marketing know what they are doing,

1 Like

It seems that the marketing efforts are really focused on Nova PE. It is also on display with Audio Physic CARDEAS (39k€) this weekend in the local high end event.

wonder if we will get Utopia Evo X…at some point

1 Like

Kudos Audio will showing their new Sigao Drive Crossover and announcing the price.

DG…

5 Likes

Interesting focus for Munich 2024 (and other high end events it seems) then, pair high end speakers with reasonable amplification for high end results.

Rather than pair high end amplification with reasonable speakers for…

Or pair high end speakers with high end amplification for…

Did Naim demo the 300 series at Munich last year?

(I guess: “Pair reasonable amplification with reasonable speakers” is genuinely out of scope for a high end show!)

It is interesting, not least as the emphasis between speakers and amplification triggers debates on here fairly regularly. That plus the Nova in standard form is also well regarded on here. Be interesting to read any feedback on how the Naim Nova PE and Focal Scala Utopia Evo setup sounds

3 Likes

Nice looking bit of kit. Will suit many a small system.

DG…

2 Likes

This world is crazy Mike hence I thing the offering is well positioned :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m not sure I’ve seen a single user here purchasing Nova PE yet?

1 Like

They probably need to save up for the Scala Utopia Evo’s first……

Seriously though, would any reputable dealer sell someone such a combo?

2 Likes

I read that too.

1 Like

Hehe, you are very naughty :sunglasses:

Yes they run the 300 series last year with a whopping 4 350 monos - the grip of the speakers was quite amazing, if my memory serves me well…

1 Like

PE price seems to have raised … same as scala too :flushed:

Scala with PE? The pairing seems odd

3 Likes

The return of the 70’s. Unitra integrated to be presented at Munich.

10 Likes

Vivid audio Moya will be driven par Chord electronics.

Picture from Mono and Stereo

2 Likes

I love classic silver styling. I’ve certainly got plenty at home. But there’s something in that amp’s fascia arrangement that just misses the mark. I can’t quite put my finger on it but somehow they got it wrong.

2 Likes

I loved my old Yamaha receiver back in the day, with its combination of different shapes on the controls, but the sunitra has way too many different size and shaped knobs, everything is hodgepodge, 3 toggles in one place, 2 more elsewhere, the 4 same size not even in a single row and the name just sort of a generic paint-on. Definitely a miss

1 Like