Munich show 2024

Silly thing, do people really buy such nonsens ?

2 Likes

Actually their design is arkward ugly imo
They really need another aproach.

Sure you can find one for sale somewhere, there were three editions.

In fact the original Trapez were one of Klifoths most successfull creations back then.
I’m not a fan of AV and their current performances but a revised oldie might be interesting.
Bet its not cheap.

All that talk about reduced box count though … :wink:

9 Likes

Has anyone of you guys noticed that the world is steadily in the hands of a bunch of multibillionaire rascals who rarely understand a iota about sound and music, and to whom we are a huge herd of noisy, stinky anonymous nullities they hope a new pandemic will wipe off?

Why should audio makers miss the opportunity to turn a perfectly dignified hobby into a colossal lifestyle business just for them?

The resurgence of V-meters is more than enough to keep us boomers quiet.

9 Likes

Indeed - and perhaps worse, private equity appears to see/has seen the hi-fi market as a good marketplace to invest in, especially in Europe and the US – and when this happens the results for the industry and consumer aren’t always positive.

Me thinks Linn would be better served with a better vinyl source :slight_smile:

2 Likes

any why on Earth they put such frames between the speakers…

I agree with you and other above posters: it makes the Technics just uglier.

What size of feet do you have? :slight_smile:

I just checked for the fun. The S1 streamer has 290 mn length, so it’s exactly the size of my feet: 45.
Perfect rooster shoes box.

Of course - rooster feet don’t need much height - I was forgetting :slight_smile:

1 Like

If people are willing to pay extra for what amounts to go fast stripes - I was going to say was more fool them. On the other hand if they keep it ten years and they get that extra frisson of pleasure when they see it , why not ?

SME are doing a whole range of turntables in super colours , or as some would say it colours - if you want a pink SME turntable now might be the time

I would like mine in bright yellow

PS I rather like the Technics you showed on the thread and regret not buying the turntable when it was in yellow

1 Like

Such gimmicks are a sure sign of when it’s time to turn down your faith in a brand…

2 Likes

I have never felt the need to go backwards. I think that each upgrade in the diffrent series usually is a big step forwhard. However I did never listen to the original trapeze, but this is not 5 steps backwards in terms of all the other things than the original form factor it seems.

Naim have not been adverse to the odd tin colour , though if they made the Atom in bright yellow…

I might be tempted

2 Likes

The problem is that special Technics will attract bees. You will have to clean the honey after.

2 Likes

I love bees

3 Likes

It’s been rumoured that they use a bee sting instead of a diamond tip.

3 Likes

It’s not comparable, obviously.