Your favourite/most treasured music t-shirt and why.
Here’s mine ready for A Love Supreme this weekend. Bought on a long ago memorable Californian road trip.
Only ever had one, it was given to me free. Made a really good floor cloth. I have always preferred plain ones.
Because it was the first t-shirt I bought at my first ever gig - Black Sabbath’s ‘Heaven and Hell’ tour at Birmingham Odeon 1980
Difficult as for 30 years I’ve exclusively worn music T-shirts, nearly all of them bought at concerts. I hate shopping and it kills several birds with one stone. Probably:
- Sonic Youth - Goo, bought at the Goo tour in Vienna 1992?
- King Crimson - Red, Berlin 2018?
- Black Flag - My War, and The Process of Weeding Out. These were from the Website
But I am forgetting many, they all get vacuum sealed and stored before they become too damaged, and it’s a lot
Ah, Tuxedomoon, my first concert in the big city after moving to Vienna in 1987.
Urge Overkill 1992 in NYC
Well that’s in good shape!
Ah! I no longer have it but it is treasured in my memory! Hopefully that still counts?
With the sleeves rolled up a few times of course.
I want your SY shirts Due to the pandemic I’ve been going to less concerts obviously, which now has the side effect that I’m running out of fresh shirts! Have been planning to go to the SY website and stock up
I bought them a while back and like all good quality t-shirts they last forever.
I still buy gig shirts, more as a souvenir if anything but my favourite non-band t is
Favourite band tour shirt is…
Still fits… but i think its stretched
Grown ups wearing band T shirts? Just no!
Great topic but
- The T-shirts I bought in the 80’s, 90’s & even the 00’s are long got - way too small
- The T-shirts from the '10s (upto 2019) have had an extensive wearing during the Covid times, when working from home, shorts & a t-shirt was daily wear 7-days a week, repeat over nearly 3-years now.
Some just fell apart, some you soldier on with them, despite holes and wearing very thin.
With gigs being back, time for some new T-shirts as the full-time return to an office isn’t happening anytime soon.