My best Vinyl albums of 2021

Spent slightly more on vinyl in 2021 than I had planned at the start of the year - these are my choices not only for the quality of the pressings but moreover for the quality of the music

the re issues - remastered from Abbey Road and 2021 new releases

ABBEY ROAD re mastered – re Issues

George Harrison All things must pass

Rolling Stones All pressings

Muse Origins of Symmetry

The Beatles Let it be

Pink Floyd Animals

Brian Ferry Boy’s & Girls

Bob Marley Legend

2021 Releases

Elbow Flying dream

Dave Gahan & Solesavers Imposter

World Party Goodbye Jumbo

The War on Drugs I don’t live here anymore

Pink Floyd Live at Knebworth

Joni Mitchel The Reprise Albums (1969 -1971)

London Grammar California Soil

Public Service Broadcasting bright Magic

1 Like

I have to say that California Soil has grown on me a lot.

2 Likes

still think If you wait is still there best but 2/3 I still like musically

These 3

2 Likes

Interesting, non-standard LP12 there - what’s different, please?

My top few albums of the year (new music released this year only - so no reissues, used or back catalogue stuff)…

Lady Blackbird - Black Acid Soul

The Liminãnas/Laurent Garnier - De Pelicula

Steven Wilson - Future Bites

Sons of Kemet - Black to the Future

Fink - IiUiI

Darkside - Spiral

Altin Gün - Yol

Not sure what you mean by non standard but it’s Keel, Ekos SE, Karousel, TA Karmen top plate and SimPlinth plinth in Indian Rosewood

1 Like

I had in mind the black top plate, as I’m used to the brushed aluminium.

Ah yes ………I upgraded my standard Linn brushed aluminium top plate a couple of years ago (which I’d had on the deck from new for 37 years) to the Karmen in black. It was a fabulous upgrade and one I’d recommend.

Are you pleased with the “Let it be “ album?
I ask because I discovered a new YouTube channel , 45 RPM audiophile. The guy is interesting.
He shows in one videos his favourite 2021 audiophile lps. And in another video he speaks about his most disappointing lps from 2021: Herbie Hancock, Maiden Voyage, and Let it be, the box set. And 3 others , one Led ZEP and one Rolling Stones. Poor quality for him.
Is it true for let it be for you ?

I ordered today 2 2021 reissues. Just for fun. Even if generally I am not a jazz from the 60’s aficionados, I have some however.
I ordered Horace Silver- Further Expansions and Andrew Hill- Passing ships. Great pressings apparently. We will see. :crossed_fingers:

Have not listened yet. Both 2021 tone poets reissues.

Just arrived

Among other great reissues, especially from Tone Poet and The Acoustic Sound Series, this one was a nice addition, especially with the extra material not released with the original.

3 Likes

Paul Weller - Fat Pop Vol 1 was excellent.

I’ve been looking at this Mingus recently looks excellent.

1 Like

I’m a fan of this album. It’s well-done and the price is right, at least in the U.S. ($45 for 3-LPs on Amazon). Mingus is one of my favorites. I have a pretty good collection of his albums.

1 Like

I’ve bene listening to this album digitally and on the back of your recommendation, I’ve just ordered the triple vinyl issue.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.