My bicycle and what is planned for it

That’s massive.

He is certifiable. LOL

1 Like

I’m at around 6200 miles this year - I don’t always ride with a computer so 5.8k on Strava so far…

2 Likes

Our 9-day bike-packing trip.

5 Likes

3 Likes

Very sleek! What is it? Is that a logo on the fork.

1 Like

It’s a “Scott” Metrix 10
Very comfortably doing around 300kms a week
Terrific bike, and my third Scott
FEATURES

• Metrix Disc HMF Carbon Frame
  • Metrix Disc HMF Carbon Fork
  • Shimano 105 Disc 22 Speed
  • Syncros Race 24 Disc Rims (rear Rim recently changed)
1 Like

cool thread! for all my life I mostly did mtb but since 2019 it’s been gravel. So far this year I’m at 6600km and 35k up :slight_smile: And I survived two solid races.

2 Likes

I don’t have much planned for my bike really. I need a new rear axle cause I destroyed mine with cheapo allen key. Plus new cassette and chain. If I had money I would get me a carbon bar, maybe lighter seatpost. The rest seems ok.

A good clean for mine. Fred Whitton Sportive completed on Sunday, 114 miles / 11,000 feet climbed.

2 Likes

Weather didn’t look great. I did it in 2018 on a lovely late spring day :grinning:

Early hours as well as later stages were actually pretty nice … but the middle section from Whinlatter Pass over Cold Fell to Hardknott Pass was torrential rain, rivers flowing down the road. Descents well sketchy! But the finish was bathed in hot sunshine, sitting on the grass afterwards soaking up the rays. All’s well that ends well! Well done yourself in '18 … I did that one too.

This is a picture from 2018 when I rode Copper Triangle on the day of my 60th birthday. Note that the bike is a single-speed. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’ve been “borrowing” my wife’s Vanmoof X3 for the loop to office. Have to say I’m impressed with the ride and neat setup it has.
Range and assistance are good and it’s a quiet and smooth ride as well.

1 Like

Tis very true, I’ve got a Watt Bike Pro in the cabin and have had it a good few years (it’s effectively a Nait 1!), having bought it pre-loved from Wattbike and it’s still immaculate.

Anyway I’ve been following my own path on it, varying training somewhat but finally dug out the performance training guide (some 150 pages!). I mean , who reads the manual ….

I’ll now be tailoring my training to target some of the improvements I want on the road.

I could kid myself and go and upgrade , but it’s defiantly the legs, lungs and heart that will yield the biggest gains.

Biggest setback has been getting covid at Christmas and then again from going to Euro final.

Took 6 months to start to get my times even close to pre, really odd but it was like there was no reserve tank to fall back on once going got tough. Distance wasn’t an issue, but sustained power uphill, decimated and still not fully back.

After this morning’s bike ride a service appears long overdue - gears are not sitting right and there an ominous noise developed from what seemed like bottom bracket territory as we tackled some hills. Trouble with these noises on a carbon frame is that they can originate in different places and can be tricky to place. Nevertheless, at the very least I am overdue a new chain and probably cassette; and definitely bar tape, the Lizard Skins tape having worn through!

Peter

We’ve given two of our bikes a hard time this year, and recently got back from a trip round the Highlands and Islands of Scotland. It’s time to give them a thorough strip down and rebuild, tending to anything which needs it. I do love fettling the bikes!!

7 Likes

Best of luck with getting a cassette. These seem to be the main supply issue (if shimano) that’s delaying bike sales.

That looks absolutely amazing !

I enjoyed a nice 66 miles road ride with a good friend today. Had a little rain but most of the day was partly sunny and a perfect 70º F.

3 Likes