My New Chord Sarum T RCA Cable Doesn’t Work

I have returned 3 Sarum T cables for repair. All done free of charge.

And as if by magic I just received an email saying that mine is on its way back. Thank you, thread.

1 Like

I have two din-din interconnects and an rca-din interconnect - these are sarum-t and I must confess to being surprised others have experienced problems with theirs. I also have sarum speaker cables and am very pleased with the overall performance and build quality.

I’m sure your dealer will liaise with chord and have your problem cable replaced.

Peter

1 Like

Sounds like a case of not enough
“Strain Relief” on the RCA’ s .Also these days twisting around RCA’s once inserted isn’t a good idea, due to how RCA’s are designed internally. If one thinks there is a connection issue best to pull the cable straight out, rotate it 180 deg and reinsert. IMHO

1 Like

Had a problem with a Sarum T streaming cable down to my own hamfistedness (actually I trod on it) and not only did they repair it but had it back to me within a week. Great service.

2 Likes

Nope … and I have compared them side by side

They’re different but superlumina is better for what I seek

The best cable is one that gets out of the way

The best cable is that that loses the least information.and preserves the most

In terms of energy of the music superlumina wins hands down

It would be interesting to hear what made you change. Actually I do not want to hear it since I know the cost of the Ansuz cable, but at one or another time I will probably hear about it or hear the cable anyway.
Claus

Back in the day I owned Ansuz DTC’s. When I went back to Naim from Aavak I went back to Naim cables including SuperLuminas. I gradually started moving to Chord Musics but once I tried an Ansuz D2, I switched to D2’s. I still have Musics from the 552 to my 300 DR because Ansuz doesn’t make cables for that application.
I have a D2 Ansuz PowerSwitch. My Naim dealer told me there is a cumulative effect when multiple Ansuz D2’s are plugged into the PowerSwitch. It’s a network switch, powers some of the Ansuz cables and lowers the noise floor of the network.

1 Like

Ansuz is too expensive and not really well known

There’s many expensive cable companies out there

Who knows if they are worth the money

I have the Mainz A2 distribution box, and one of the low end ansuz Mainz cables to power it. Man what a treat from Tyler in the Chicago area. Just can’t afford anymore of them. Would love a full loom of power cables some day, but I will stick with my matched Naim brand power lines to my kit for now.

Scott

I have pretty much the same thing. The stuff from Denmark is expensive but it’s the best I’ve had.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.