My Short Film

Extraordinary film, Chris, congrats to you. Deserves to be seen widely. I’ve just shared it with friends & family. Hard to believe that it’s been almost a year since Art’s passing.

2 Likes

@ChrisBell congratulations on a wonderful thought provoking piece. I loved the music too - what was it please? Can’t see on my phone if it’s credited.

1 Like

Just watched your video and how wonderful it was. It is amazing how music can touch us all in so many ways and we all have a different way of connecting with it.

1 Like

What an amazing reaction to this film, and unanimous in our reaction to it on here.

I would put this uninamity of feeling towards this film down to the fact that, as music lovers, we are overjoyed that this lovely deaf gentleman, clearly a music lover too, has found a way of fully enjoying his music against all the odds, and articulated this in such an engaging manner.

Just wonderful, and gives me hope I will still be able to enjoy music as my hearing inevitably deteriorates with old age.

Congratulations, and thanks, to all involved in making this lovely film.

6 Likes

Very touching film

1 Like

Hi Steve,

Glad you enjoyed! All of the music in my film is from a site called Ben Sound. They have great music and it’s free to use for “non-commercial” projects like mine. Would have loved to use The Grateful Dead but copyrighted music and YouTube is a no-go and can actually get you banned.

2 Likes

I continue to be touched by all of the warm comments here. Thank You!
I want Bob’s story to reach beyond the audiophile community. Please share with your friends and social media circles. I am eternally grateful.

2 Likes

My wife, who doesn’t like nearly all my music, but nonetheless lets me spend money on my system, just watched the video. Apart from being moved close to tears, she might have understood why music has such an importance to me.

4 Likes

Really great film. Thanks for sharing.

I especially enjoyed learning that just like lots of us, he also suffers from upgraditis…moving to a helium filled Mylar balloon. Not sure what the next level is but I’m sure he’s searching some forum or other for the answer.

Loved it, thanks for making and sharing it

1 Like

Bob is just as dedicated to hi-fi as the rest of us… in fact he has two systems in his dedicated room. The Altec’s are on one side and on the other is a large Krell system with LS5/9 monitors. He says the Altec’s are fun to listen to, but he prefers the LS5/9’s for serious listening.

1 Like

And I think Bob is buying some LS5/5s to replace the current Graham speakers.

1 Like

Interesting. In an earlier Gig Harbor Audio video he was running the Graham LS 5/8 (not 5/9) with the Krell amp. The 5/5 model hasn’t received much press so far.

1 Like

Yes, he has the 5/8s

1 Like

Wonderful. Thank you so much for posting this.

1 Like

Hey Chris,

I just watched your film again, this time with my wife. She loved it and I had that annoying dust in my eyes again. Bravo!

2 Likes

Wonderful and inspiring. Thanks for posting it.

1 Like

Wow this was an amazing film. A real eye (ear) opener ! As someone who always tries to simplify things this has made me want to experiment and broaden my outlook.

1 Like

What a wonderful video and fitting tribute to Art Dudley who I miss very much in the pages of Stereophile. Nicely done.

1 Like

In the April 2021 print copy of Stereophile, there are two short articles related to this topic. In the “Letters” section, there is a thank you from Art Dudley’s spouse Janet and daughter Julia as the first anniversary of Art’s passing approaches. Janet Dudley was born and raised in a Portland suburb about 5 miles from my house. Also in the “Industry Updates” section, Jason Victor Serinus has an entry with additional details about the film and people involved. Not on the website, currently in the print copy.

2 Likes