My Short Film

Hi Friends,

Last year I met Bob, an audiophile who challenged my assumptions about what is possible. My short documentary film, Listening, was made with the help of John DeVore (DeVore Fidelity), Erik Owen (Gig Harbor Audio) and several of my film professional friends. Please have a look and let me know what you think. It’s only 8 min. Thanks!

109 Likes

Sometimes it’s good to be reminded that it is the music and the enjoyment that matters most, not the latest new equipment. This was very humbling to see. Thank you, and Bob

5 Likes

Chris,
As magnificent as it is beautiful! You should feel quite proud.

4 Likes

Chris, I read about your short film in the latest issue of Stereophile. Thanks for posting the link here and I look forward to watching it later.

Edit - just watched it. Fascinating and touching - Thanks Chris.

2 Likes

Heart warming and touching - just wonderful.

It makes me realise just how lucky I am to press a button and hear music.

1 Like

I’m actually jealous of that man.
Great film.

3 Likes

Great film Chris, thought provoking and very high quality👍

1 Like

What a wonderful, beautiful and inspiring film. Great stuff Chris, you should be proud.

1 Like

Such a beautiful man and there is so much truth in the wisdom he shared. You have captured this wonderfully in your film. Thank you very much for sharing it with us.

1 Like

I really enjoyed your film, Chris. I found it inspiring and affirming in equal measure. Thanks for making and for posting here.

p.s. I was also reminded of a story I was told about a Naim customer who had a habit of every so often blowing the tweeters and drivers in his DBLs. On about the third occasion of this happening, one of the Naim guys went round to his house to investigate further. What he found was that the customer was mostly deaf, so would lie on the floor between the DBLs and turn them up very loud and then listen through the vibration running through the floor into his body.

14 Likes

Bless him, must be awful to have to go to those lengths to enjoy music.

2 Likes

That’s just lovely. It asks so many questions yet simply answers them.

2 Likes

Bless his neighbours I’d say

3 Likes

Thank you Chris.

1 Like

Lovely film, Chris. Bob was wearing the t-shirt and he mentioned Jerry G so I expected some Dead on the soundtrack!

1 Like

Absolutely superb!

1 Like

Something in my eye…

G

5 Likes

What a wonderful film. Very interesting and impressive.
Thank you for sharing …

1 Like

Life affirming film ,extremely touched by it,so well done,thank you.

1 Like

I really enjoyed watching the film. Bobs passion for his music was inspiring.

1 Like