My-so 2nd Generation

Hi, I have just purchased a Naim Mu-so generation 2 speaker, which arrived yesterday, delighted with everything so far but I am having trouble in setting up the U -pnp,
I have a iMac with lots of music and playlists
but I cannot figure out how to stream it to the mu-so.

The internet radio on the Mu-so works beautifully, and I am able to stream music via Bluetooth from my IPhone and iPad.
So perhaps I am just a bit thick in figuring this out, any help with this would be much appreciated

Hi, do you have a UPnP server running on your Mac? Once this is set up, the Muso should automatically find it on your network.
An alternative would be to use AirPlay, but a server would probably be better.

You need to put upnp server software on your iMac, then the Muso will see the server and you can use the Naim app to tell it what to send to your muso.
Best

David

Hi Chris
Many thanks for the reply, I don’t know if I have Upnp software on the iMac, any idea where to find it or where to download it from .
Regards
Dave

Thank you for the info, i’ll Try and find it if I can

Try Asset upnp for OS. It’s one of the best and easy to use. It’s made by dbpoweramp.

1 Like

There are a number if servers that will run on a Mac. Asset is highly regarded.
A simple alternative would be to put your music on a USB drive and attach this directly to the Muso.

A free UPnP server for Macs is Serviio. Worked fine when I had an ND5XS.

1 Like

Hi Guys
I’ve downloaded Asset Management as suggested by a few of you kind guys who suggested it.
It now works beautifully from the iMac many many thanks for your help, I’m sure I would have still been fumbling about this time next week without your help.
Regards

Dave

1 Like

Brilliant, pleased to have helped. In the Asset setup is a ‘browse tree’ that you can play around with to sort the views as you wish, for example to see artist, then albums, then tracks. That’s for another day, but it is very flexible. One thing to might like to do is set it to transcode flac to wav, which very likely will sound better. Again, this is in the Asset setup. Transcoding doesn’t change the original file but simply converts what is being played ‘on the fly’. It’s all good fun.

2 Likes

Everything appears to work fine at the moment so will probably leave things to settle down before venturing further, the only issue I have is that the Naim App is showing everything as a duplicate music file i…e All the music is duplicated is there a simple way of correcting this please ?

Regards
Dave

Do you have MP3 and lossless versions of each album? If so, that’s why. The solution is to move all the MP3s to a new folder.

Ok, that’s probably the issue, many thanks once again for your help
Regards
Dave

Once out of padded cell, this community can be exemplary. This thread illustrates that perfectly. Kudos to all!

1 Like

Sorry to be a pain but how do I transcode from wave to flax ?
Regards
Dave

Sorry typo flac

Thanks again, sorted it
Regards
Dave

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.