My System no Longer Needs Upgrading and it feels STRANGE!

Within my room the 552DR/250DR/SL2s present a realistic live feel to the music, its very hard to pull away. The 250 is a cracking one box power amp, probably why its about to celebrate its 50th birthday :birthday:

5 Likes

50 Years - incredible really in HiFi world

1 Like

I’m training an AI bot based on IB’s contributions and a few others (Richard and Nigel). The first will be the gentleman, the second ‘hungry hAIlibut’

So you say that AL intellegency recognised HH in Nigel ?
For you It will be “ lord Ardbeg”, or “ le baron Ardbeg”. :grin:

So it depends on whether you want to upgrade or not. If you don’t I suggest to not touch the speakers. I once was quite happy with Spendor/Rega tt setup until I decided to explore a bit more… still on the road. If you want an upgrade I can suggest to dig into network stuff - almost unlimited potential for cash burn :wink:

1 Like

Sounds like a good space to be in. I think I’m there with my main system too. Yes there are much better systems out there but when what you’ve got satisfies just enjoy. I’m putting my creative thinking towards a second system now and likely non Naim😱 at the more budget end of the market.

I am fine for now. The cable upgrade to EpicX completed stuff for me.

2 Likes

Start upgrading to half width components.

2 Likes

Interesting! I shall have to make sure to randomise enough to make it hard for AI to make any “sense” of me! (Maybe I don’t have to try that hard!)

1 Like

To the OP, considering your system no longer needing upgrading and feeling strange: Try reversing the direction of the fuse (that probably means several fuses, so one at a time. (See thread: How & why are fuses directional?!)

Why should I reverse the fuse if things are working well?

1 Like

Well might well ask.The linked thread suggests you could be in for a revelation… (Not everyone is convinced.)

I for one am not going to spend any time reversing fuse direction.

1 Like

Achieving contentment with what one has is a blissful state and like many on here I think I am close to being there (but then I have said that before!)

Being a reviewer is both a blessing and a curse! The last upgrade from NDX to NDX2 was driven by hearing the NSS 333. Reviewing the Lyra Kleos SL and AT ART20 made me realise how much I was missing with my OC9 so that’s next on the list!

There’s a Klimax LP12 inbound shortly for review and despite hearing the Linn LP12 on many occasions in various guises I can’t help but be excited to hear what the grand master can do in my system when I live with it for a couple of months. Wasn’t it Steve Jobs who said “Stay hungry, stay foolish…”

JonathanG (Still hungry and still foolish after 39 years pursuing a straight wire with infinite gain)

1 Like

I believe I’ve reached the end of constantly upgrading and happy with my combo. I’ve been upgrading since 94 and feel it’s almost like chasing your own tail. I’m now no longer interested in tweaking cables fiddling with this or that or making sure making I have the latest component, thing is there will always been something new or better. I’ve even canceled all my hi fi mags and content just to listen to the music.

14 Likes

Nice one Pete, a great place to be.

2 Likes

Likewise for me Pete

On the other hand :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:!!!

Nah - I need to get rid of a few boxes

1 Like

Say that in the thread I linked!

I saw that thread. I don’t really want to join the discussion.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.