My System no Longer Needs Upgrading and it feels STRANGE!

Time will heal and the desire will return

Haha. Elliott is my guy too. I live in CT. They sound fantastic. Very forgiving to the space. Thats how i have them 98% of the time. Every once in a while when the wife is out i throw them on stands. They are better now than when i demoed them along with several other small floorstanders and standmounts that i tried. No regrets.

2 Likes

@Dfreshness i was away from Innovative for a while. When my upstate dealer could no longer provide home service, I returned to Innovative. My relationship with Elliot goes back more than 40 years. I wished my husband liked the Wilson speakers. He prefers floor standers and really likes the A4. I need to respect that as he does not question HiFi expenditures.

3 Likes

Of course. I was just saying that the tunetots have made our shared front end pretty much unimprovable for me to your point. Yes there is better, always but to what end?

@Dfreshness Elliot says our system can support better speakers than A4. However most floor standing are taller. My husband is opposed to taller floor standers or taller stand mounted as this will block our beloved skyline view. Also our sofa is not super tall. For now we are committed to the A4. A7 or D9 would be better but taller.

A hifi system is merely a means to an end.

If you like what you have then think very carefully before making any changes. So called upgrades can be little more than changes and sometimes the changes are not for the better.

My amplifier is the top of the range from the manufacturer so unless I want to go active or move to a different brand there is nowhere for me to go. Any changes to my system will be to the cartridge and/or speakers but Iā€™m happy to live with what I have.

1 Like

Im enamored with the d7.2s myself. And the 1/2s. Having the view is improtantā€¦.

1 Like

Buy another system from another brand. Then the fun starts all over againšŸ˜˜

Iā€™ve reached the point of no more upgrades, once hit the heights of a full 500 setup then pulled back the NAP to a modest 250DR then everything clicked into place, a happy place too.

5 Likes

Interesting you mention this HiFiman

I went from CD555/552/250DR to the 500

Never really got on 100% with the 500

In my downward spiral went back to the 250DR which I have today (555/552 also gone , probably a regretful move on those 2 but never mind )

4 Likes

Good to hear the 250DR is getting some appreciation. Itā€™s a one-box peach.

4 Likes

Within my room the 552DR/250DR/SL2s present a realistic live feel to the music, its very hard to pull away. The 250 is a cracking one box power amp, probably why its about to celebrate its 50th birthday :birthday:

5 Likes

50 Years - incredible really in HiFi world

1 Like

Iā€™m training an AI bot based on IBā€™s contributions and a few others (Richard and Nigel). The first will be the gentleman, the second ā€˜hungry hAIlibutā€™

So you say that AL intellegency recognised HH in Nigel ?
For you It will be ā€œ lord Ardbegā€, or ā€œ le baron Ardbegā€. :grin:

So it depends on whether you want to upgrade or not. If you donā€™t I suggest to not touch the speakers. I once was quite happy with Spendor/Rega tt setup until I decided to explore a bit moreā€¦ still on the road. If you want an upgrade I can suggest to dig into network stuff - almost unlimited potential for cash burn :wink:

1 Like

Sounds like a good space to be in. I think Iā€™m there with my main system too. Yes there are much better systems out there but when what youā€™ve got satisfies just enjoy. Iā€™m putting my creative thinking towards a second system now and likely non NaimšŸ˜± at the more budget end of the market.

I am fine for now. The cable upgrade to EpicX completed stuff for me.

2 Likes

Start upgrading to half width components.

2 Likes

Interesting! I shall have to make sure to randomise enough to make it hard for AI to make any ā€œsenseā€ of me! (Maybe I donā€™t have to try that hard!)

1 Like