NAC 252 record out

Quick question to check I have interpreted the manual properly and before I go through checking the way my leads are wired once again.

As I read things, a correctly wired DIN plug in the aux 1 socket provides the record out signal for any input selected i.e. if I play a source connected to CD in, there should be a record out signal via the din plug connected to aux 1.

Does that sound correct?

You need to press the lower CD button in order to get a record out via Aux 1.

If you’ve pressed that lower button and if there is no record out on Aux 1, it almost certainly means that the 5 pin cable connected to Aux 1 is wired incorrectly.

Thanks - yes, it sounds as though the cable needs changing.

As Nigel mentions, it’s probably a cable wired as an input cable rather an ouput cable at the DIN5 plug, that’s causing the issue.

I would just check the same cable on the tape in/out and av in/out sockets to be sure it’s not 252 related. Also check the lower record bank mute button is not enabled.

I think it was the cable. Checking with a circuit tester did show it was wired properly but in the end I swapped it for a different cable and tried a different laptop and everything worked well. I swapped the laptop (from a MacBook Pro to a much older Lenovo Windows) because I wondered if the input device (a Behringer) was causing a problem with the Mac. The Behringer worked without problems on the Lenovo and I now have a nice WAV file of the album. I’m going to swap back to the MacBook to try again as I doubt that was really the problem, but for now I’m happy with the result.
It’s the end of a year long project to put a copy of Aranjuez by Jean Christian Michel onto my NAS.
I lost the original recording during a move and it took a while to find it again on vinyl - no CD copies seem to exist.
So it’s all been worthwhile - I am quite taken by Aranjuez and have a number of versions that I like, but the JCM is my favourite. Then again perhaps I should start a thread to see what other people like best in case I’m missing some (hopefully not just vinyl!)
Thanks for the help.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.