NAC 525 connection to a Nagra Reel2Reel recorder 4-S

Hi all,
just received my Nagra 4-S open reel recorder and tried to connect it to my NAC. The cable for the input is a special one as it has a 47k resistance pad. I cannot get any signal in to the recorder from the NAC and wandering if any of you has had a similar situation/configuration/explanation on the NAC. I am using an in/out socket.

Thanks a lot for your help.
Salvo

@Richard.Dane should help, and he uses a reel to reel recorder with a 552.

I don’t have experience with the 4S, but from what I can see it uses its own special signal connectors. You will need to have a special cable made up with a fully wired DIN at one end and the Nagra connectors at the other end. What interconnect are you trying to use?

If you’re having trouble then it might be worth contacting Ken Christianson at Pro Musica in Chicago; Ken is not just an expert on Naim but also Nagra recorders, and would be my first port of call here for advice.

1 Like

HI Richard, as usual you do have a answer to every question, well this time at least a name I can refer to :slight_smile: Thanks a lot; if I do not resolve the issue I will contact Ken.
BR
salvo

1 Like

Thanks for the pointer.
BR
salvo

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.