Nac 72/LP12 conections

Hello

Im using a Nac 72/ hi-cap/ 250 combo with an LP12 that Im currently building (Ekos 2/Goldring Troika) Does anyone know of a decent tonearm cable that comes with BNC’s for the 72 so I can use the serviced 323 boards there in?.

Many thanks

Clive

1 Like

BNCs can only be fitted to small diameter cable such as the original Linn arm cable. I wanted to retain BNCs but it wasn’t possible with T-Kable so I had my 82 and 52 changed to RCA by Darran at Class A.

2 Likes

I fitted BNCs to what I think was the Linn standard tonearm cable from the 90s a few years back. Seemed worthwhile at the time but then I got a Prefix with DIN. The old cable was snapped up on eBay within a day of listing if I remember correctly. Obviously undersold.

1 Like

My LP12 has a 1983 Linn Ittok, which had BNC’s fitted to it, in 1985. They were originally Phono - as was my Naim NAC42, until that point. They are still there. All my subsequent Naim Pre Amps came with BNC inputs.

So, seek out an 80’s Linn lead…!!

1 Like

I used phono to BNC adapters.

2 Likes

Hi Robert

I was actually considering getting a prefix k to go with the Troika. Also benefiting from the shorter cable from the arm…does it still stand up SQ wise?

Clive

I can recommend the Prefix highly. Originally I had a K with a Troika but had converted to S for my K17D3. You can pick them up for a lot less than £300 now, a mega bargain. Class A serviced it for not a lot. It’s showing it’s age now but you would need to spend a huge chunk more to better it. I’m thinking Lejonklou Entity maybe next year if I save my pennies. Don’t forget you either need a PS for the Prefix or Aux power from amp.

1 Like

Thanks for that…can you not power the prefix from the hi cap?

Yep.

1 Like

Prefix ordered.

Many thanks for the answers

Clive

1 Like

Ooops, sorry to come back to this. When Paul52135 (see what you did there!) states I can use a Hi-cap to power the Prefix, what I should of asked was, can it power the Prefix AS WELL as my Nac 72?, or do I need ANOTHER Hi-cap specifically to power the Prefix?

I would of PM’d Paul52135, but cant see how to PM anymore? seem to remember it being an option when one clicked on the member??

Many thanks and Happy Friday.

Clive

Yes, you do need another power supply.

1 Like

Correct. A HiCap can only power one Naim item - small or large… :thinking:

Brilliant…thanks for the replies.

Clive

The HICAP should come with a SNAIC5 but don’t forget the 4-5 interconnect you’ll need too…

1 Like

Thanks for the remainder Richard.

Does this mean I have no need for a din/bnc cable anymore?..ie din to din from hicap to preamp?

Clive

That depends. If it’s a DIN4-2xBNC cable then it could be useful if you wish to input through the Phono input with NA526 cards fitted.

1 Like

Hi Richard. I’ll be using a Naim Prefix K.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.