NAC202 and digital audio - seeking advice

Fair enough. There are many streamers around at any price you can think of, and most of them will play internet radio.
Alternatively you could just buy a DAC with a USB input that will work with a phone or tablet.

Later: would NAD CS1 be an option?

A network based tuner, will be a streamer, nothing less.
All here are perfectly prepared to offer a range of options, based on their experinecs, but you can assist the process. Clear budget, much later post, a country location, as requested and what you wish to achieve.
We appreciate if you have a working system, which technology has made redundant, it is very frustrating.
However best to frame the questions, rather than make assumptions.

As robert_h has commented, the pre is analogue - only ! Conversion has to be elsewhere - an earlier post suggestion I believe.

The question you should consider, is against possible ideas like NAD, is to clarify as to what degree you are willing to compromise on sound, versus the system you already have? Cheap solutions are all very well, providing you can audition in your system, in your home. If the streamer is going to be your only source, then there are other options, which we may be able to help with. Is only buying new, a requirement?
Naim and a number of us, believe in source first. In fairness, it is not a universal view. However the concept of garbage in, garbage out, is one worth considering. To be clear, if english isn’t your first language, your good system, can’t improve on a source that doesn’t match for quality.

The two streamers Chris suggested, would be a match for your system if available pre used, but since we don’t know location, it all becomes more difficult.

Thank you for your elaborate reply. I am living in Holland (The Netherlands).
Analog being shut down I have two options:
buy something new (e.g. a decent AV receiver, being digital then and being the easiest solution)
or
try to find a solution as a replacement for the analog radio only
(right now all is analog as well)

Now I spent many hours on searching on Internet, before I registered to this forum and asked here.

Equipment that I found and mentioned before, like Imperial DABMAN i510 BT, TechniSat DIGITRADIO 143, but also Sangean WFT-4 hifi tuner WIFI+LAN internetradio, they can be ordered through Internet. In fact, most of those things.

But then again, I have no idea whether they will work on the NAC202, or whether there better solutions. It seems wired connection is more stable than WiFi or DAB.
When I bought all the AV stuff, I had them installed.

All three have “audio outputs” left & right on phono plugs (often referred to as “line level”). They’ll be fine with a 202. Which socket on the 202 do you currently plug your tuner into?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.