NAC282 disable AV bypass?

Hi,

When I connected sources for the first time to my 282 I found out that the AV bypass was active as default, as I happened to plug in my phono to this input. Not a pleasant experience! But no harm occurred, part from potential heart attack for me and my neighbors… Now I want to make sure nothing like that happens by accident again.

In the manual it says how to activate AV bypass, but it’s not clear to me how to disable it? (On the SN2 it was very clear with a separate switch on the back panel).

To select AV Bypass, first switch the preamplifier into program mode by pressing and holding the handset prog key (with the handset in preamplifier mode). The front panel source mute
button (NAC 202 mute button, NAC 152 XS av button) will illuminate if AV Bypass is selected. If it is not enabled it can be switched on by pressing the same button twice.

I feel a bit slow reading this, but which button is supposed to be pushed twice, the source mute? And is it the same to disable this function?

regards

Yes, Source Mute, and doing it again switches it back to normal (the button no longer illuminated). Then leave Program mode via the Prog key.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick response. I will feel better when this is deactivated!

Sorted, thanks! Now there is no slight hum in the speakers when passing through AV input for selecting other inputs. This was somewhat distracting and reminded me that the ‘incident’ could happen again.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.