NAC282/NAP200 vs NAC282/NAP250 Vs SN2

Best for the OP budget : bluesound/ Ndac/ 282/250.

1 Like

I am not familiar with Focal 1028S but it looks like a large floorstander capable of producing serious bass. If the loudspeakers are capable of producing deep bass, the NAC282/NAP250DR will be a better choice than NAC282/NAP200.

Difference between 282/250Dr and 282/200 will be not so obvious if the speakers are tiny bookshelves, in my experience. Big difference if the speakers are larger bookshelf or floorstanders with large bass drivers 8" or bigger.

ndac/SN3. The SN3 is very good.

I’ve recently bought the NDX2 having listened to the ND5.
The NDX2 is significantly the better of the two and improves further still with the addition of an XPSDR. The odd one is now showing up as ex demo.

1 Like

Hmmm even though I always think source first I would get the 282/250 but with a a second hand NDAC and save for XPS

Alternatively a second hand chord Hugo…

2 Likes

I have just added a used nDAC to my 282/250.2 and that has brought another incremental improvement.

I tried a NAP200 with the 282 for a short period before the 250.2 arrived. The 200 is very good, too, but the 250 adds appreciably more grip and control, especially at the bass end, even with small bookshelf speakers such as Spendor 3/5. For normal listening, that is all I really need. With Spendor 2/3 speakers, the whole system really comes to life with symphonic music and can be played at high volume without any distortion or loss of detail.

Faced with the OP’s choice of 282/200, 282/250 or SN2, I would go for 282/250 as a balanced combination with a decent front end rather than anything less.

Next step: add a used XPSDR or 555 power supply, but I am not in a desperate hurry.

I had a ND5SX2 with SN2
It was good

Added a Hi Cap DR and improved the sound

Found a used NDX2 and fitted it. Blew me away the difference. So much more music.

Used NDX2 are coming up at great prices now.

If I can give one piece of advice, NDX2 :+1:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.