Nac282/Nap250

If I had retired at 45 I would have been to every major opera house in the world by now, including Moscow. Probably never get there now :man_shrugging:t4:
We are so far off thread now, I at least am going to get my wrists slapped again :man_facepalming:t4:

And it is only once every 5 years.

On the other hand, I could sell the LP12 here and use the cash to buy a Rega P10…

1 Like

Fabulous as the P10 is, I nearly bought one, is it classic enough for the truly classic 82/HC/250 system. That really deserves a much more classic TT, don’t you think…
(…am I being rather too mischievous :joy:)

1 Like

Only ever Covent Garden and Glyndebourne (quite a a few times each), the New York Met (twice), and a couple of smaller German provincial opera houses.

The Vienna Staatsoper and Bayreuth are on my bucket list.

But I did attend Carlos Kleiber’s only ever concert appearance in London.

Congrats! I enjoy the 282/250 DR myself…

2 Likes

Oh yes, it has recently had the ‘Karousel’ upgrade and was given a new ‘cart’ last week, ATOC9XML

:slightly_smiling_face:

The Vienna opera is lovely. Wine at good prices in the bar and tasty snacks too. It’s far less showy-offy than the Met.

2 Likes

We loved Vienna last Christmas. Best winter break we’ve ever done.
Barcelona and the Liceu this December, for Turandot :blush:
Much as we loved Milan, we’ve done it now. Vienna however, we are definitely going back to next year.

Well I did my stint of volunteering for a time, with Age Concern getting oldies the ‘Attendance Allowance’ benefit. Did that for 3 years and > 300 visits.

My mobility is not great, however, having MS since 2000.

:slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Ah; MS. That’s rough.
My wife deals with MS patients a lot. Mobility is the biggest issue for many of them.
Is yours under control?

Thanks, well I guess it’s 'under control, although I can’t walk any distance.

But I acquired a new mobility scooter this May - DiBlasi R30, it fully unfolds at the touch of a button.

There are videos on YouTube, but you can take it on trains, planes, cruise ships, whatever you like.

I am going to a Motability event this Thursday, on my own, to test drive cars with had controls - so LOOK OUT ROAD!

3 Likes

Good for you, loving the “Never Surrender” attitude.
I was born with a Heart problem and was constantly being told that I couldn’t do things, especially sports.
I played competitive Rugby and was a champion Fencer.
My heart never stopped me. Breaking my ankle and shredding both ACL’s kind of did though😂

1 Like

Hi Heathwood, I too got a 282 to go with my HiCap/250 both now DR’d years ago and was very very pleased with it, then about 3 years ago I saw a used SC DR, going for £2.3k, and the difference was amazing, well worth the cost, but to put into context, not sure I’d be saying that if I’d paid much more for SC. So enjoy what you’ve got, it’s a great system. Best wishes Amer

1 Like

Keeping with the slightly off-topic theme, I took early retirement at 58 in 2018. Best move I ever did.

Back to topic, I have the 282 / 250 setup, but also have a SC (DR) with it it. Then went active and added a second 250(DR) to it.

Great combination.

DG…

2 Likes

Thanks Amer

It’s a fantastic combo and can second the OP’s plaudits…

I went:
202 200
282 200
282 250 DR

Amazed at what the 250 is now making my speakers do, especially in terms of weight, detail, soundstage, instruments positioning etc. No immediate plans to add a Supercap DR but one day I may be tempted.

3 Likes

Another couple of things we have in common. :wink:

I’ve only been to two opera houses though. Didn’t go inside either of them. Oslo where I walked all over the roof and Sydney where I sat outside on a cushion drinking beer. :blush:

1 Like

282/250 may have been superseded by some new stuff but nothing “old school”, listening to mine on my CDS3 (remember CDs😁), sounds sublime.

I didn’t think a HiCap was obligatory? Did your 282 not come with a NASPC?

I didn’t think a HiCap was obligatory? Did your 282 not come with a NASPC?

The HiCap powers the NAC 282 and the NASPC powers the lights. You can power the NAC 282 with NAP 200, HiCAP or SuperCap.

2 Likes