NAC62 - Normal/Mute/Monitor Switch [Snap, crackle and pop]

Looks like your link has been removed, so I can’t help there.

Regards
Neil.

Sorry Neil. Had to be removed as no commercial links allowed in the Hifi Corner.

However, they were an MS-500H-B MIYAMA and an Apem 5649A Toggle Switch.

Ok - thanks Richard.

We use the Apem one, that exact model number in fact.

Regards
Neil.

1 Like

Apologies. This was not meant to be a commercial link it was purely an info link to a part to see if to see if it was the correct part type/number. Would a datasheet link also be not allowed? e.g. not for ‘buying’ reasons, but for ‘knowing’ reasons?
Trying to be a good citizen but also to receive and pass on information.
I might actually buy one of these parts and see if I can repair the amp. It would be nice to report my success or otherwise if I do.
Cheers
Dave

Thanks Neil . Sorry I broke the rules - it was not for commercial purposes purely to ascertain the part. I will try to stick to codes in the future and allow googling to get the link.
By ‘quicker to go direct’ do you mean old technology? :phone:
Cheers
Dave

No need for links, and I’m trying to walk a tightrope that allows this thread - note that DIY discussion is not allowed on here.

Oh. OK. Sorry

You emailed support@naim - I know they’d probably just ask Neil and then give you his answer! However there is a way of circumventing that … and it’s through the goodness of Neil’s heart that he posts here!

Thanks @NeilS . Appreciate that. I need to get orientated!

Hopefully my final request on this thread is about connecting my turntable (Technics SL-7 with internal phono lead) to the NAC62 phono inputs to use the NA 322/2 MM cards.
I am using RCA/BNC adaptors but I do find the connection insecure and prone to hum - especially from one channel. I don’t get this problem if I use an external phono pre-amp and then to the NAC DINs on a line input.
But I want to use the NAC62 phono inputs and boards.
What is my best strategy here? BNC male plugs directly on the turntable lead (not keen), RCA-BNC cable (can only see Male-Male) to avoid the adapters, some other approach?
I hope this not seen as DIY :crossed_fingers: - rather just the best way to connect kit to my Naim. If it is DIY then my apologies.
Advice gratefully received.
Thanks
Dave

Make sure your adaptors are 50 ohm. Also, worthwhile renewing old ones as they tend to break down and go noisy. However, probably best to renew the cable and fit some proper BNCs as avoiding adaptors is usually best.

So long as the latching tabs are still in place then the SL-7 is actually quite a decent player - certainly one of the best of its kind, and the star in the Technics linear tracking SL series. For a fully automatic deck, it’s about as good as it gets.

Thanks Richard. By latching tabs, I assume you mean those on the lid? They work fine and everything is in good order.
It didn’t have a Technics cartridge (EPC-P202 or P100) which was a shame but it had an Ortofon TM 20H and I pushed the boat out with a new Stylus 40. Sounds good through the NAC62/NAP140, lots of detail and open soundstage. Also they are from a fairly similar era.
I agree that replacing the cable is probably a good idea. I was keeping my eye open for a proper Technics part but it might not be that critical. Other SL-models had phono jacks so if I replace the internal cable that might also be an option - then RCA-BNC plug lead for the NAC62
Cheers
Dave

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.