NAC62 Tape output to headphone amp

If you search DIN -RCA on the forum, there are a number of threads on this, including pin diagrams.

1 Like

Edited to correct

The picture shows the “as viewed from the back” faces of the male (cable mounted) & female (chassis mounted) connectors, so one will be “reversed” wrt the other. Print it out then fold the paper down the middle…….

Pin 1 connects to pin 1, 2 to 2, etc

1 Like

I know that.

Looking at Wikipedia, the the diagram I’ve posted is wrong. The male should be shown as female and Vice versa.

Yes, you are correct.

And the lavender that I have just taken apart has the signals on pins 3 & 5 (as per the numbers printed into the connectors front face)……and at both ends… :laughing:

I would just like to add that dismantling cables while balancing a sleeping cat on one’s lap is a tad challenging…… :laughing:

3 Likes

Buy DIN to 4 RCA plugs…plug 2 of the RCA s into the headphone amp till it works on both channels then be done with it.

1 Like

Yes the FAQ Richard posted way back up explains it all nicely, but here we are at 48 posts…

1 Like

:thinking: :astonished: :crazy_face:

Just ask questions - never look anything up. Seems to be the way things just ‘are’, these days.

1 Like

Oops sorry ! Understood

:joy: :joy: :joy:

Will do Thanks Neil

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Best to ignore everything I said.

The pin details I was looking at where incorrect.

1 Like

Too late :wink:

1 Like

Best to get a Naim dealer to make up the right cable, or a manufacturer who knows the Naim wiring, e.g. Witchhat or Audio Sensibility and be very specific about what you are connecting to what. I recently had my dealer make up a cable to connect the 552 to a Heed Canalot headphone amp - works very well.

1 Like

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.