Nac82 Remote control

I have both a NARCOM 3 (from my 82) and a NARCOM 4 (from my CDX2)

Stealth… lols.

I have a modest collection:

Note the subtle difference between the two in the middle.

I feel a new thread coming on, “Show us yer vintage remotes” :laughing:

2 Likes

Oooh… yes, two early variants of the Narcom 2 (earliest on the left), and a CD3 remote. Re. the latter I remember some time back in the noughties, when the factory was being re-organised, some sealed boxes were uncovered in stores, and one of them was full of new CD3 remote handsets!

2 Likes

The CD3 remote was really good and reliable, far better than the iCom that came with the later 5i player.

1 Like

Yes, a good little remote that also works very nicely with other Naim CD players.

1 Like

Of course there’s also this one. Never got to try it. My second-hand CDS2 unfortunately didn’t come with one.

1 Like

I managed to open my NAC-82 remote using a car trim-removal tool, only to find that there are securing slots and the back can simply be released by sliding towards the top. I cleaned the button contact mat with iso-propyl alcohol but I think the biggest fix may have been bending the battery terminals out to tighten the connections. It is working perfectly now!
My remote was becoming intermittent and I could sometimes get it to work by shaking it or slapping it. I had already cleaned the battery terminals with contact cleaner but that made no difference.
Attached are a few pictures that may help.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.