NACA5 speaker cable with bite marks?

The soldering is decent enough. Why not put some heatshrink over the damaged length.
(Adhesive lined preferably)

“…chewed by a cat or a dog…” was the first speculation. The rodents were an afterthought :joy:

G

It’s obviously linked to the rats nest many of us have behind the rack.

It was eating away at me as well.

2 Likes

Can you be a little more incisive?

1 Like

It was tongue in cheek, actually.

This must be the best thread about absolutely nothing for quite a while. Gripper ate my cable.

5 Likes

I think you should just enjoy the music…and get a sandwich before you do more damage.

1 Like

Just dont drop crumbs…lest more rodents arrive.

When I bought my current house it had a rodent problem - loads of mice, and evidence of past rat infestation, both beneath floorboards and in the loft. In renovating the house one of the many things I did was rewire it to bring it up to scratch - and upon doing so I found that many of the old cables had been gnawed, some extensively, and in a few places exposing the copper of the inner conductors, including the live conductor! (But no evidence of electrocuted mice!) I painstakingly fitted the new wires in such a way as to be much less likely to be reached in the future: e.g all properly fixed to joists, and nothing across places that might be popular as rodent runs, as well as closing up access as best I could, and regular trapping in the garage in the autumn when they start to come, where there is easier access.

Be sure both cables have symmetrical patterns of holes in order to keep balanced sound.

1 Like

Mystery solved. Seller says it was a cat !

1 Like

Has it still got pRAT?

It “was” a cat

Click link above ^^^

1 Like

Mine was chewed by our Rabbit some 20yrs ago but it didn’t
go through the insulation, So it was fine.

What was playing at the time?

and the Rabbit?

The Rabbit survived

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.