Nai m product manuals

I do have some sympathy with Naim here. I work in the IT industry for a software company. Quality technical writers are very difficult to find. Even if you find a good one, they have one hell of a job keeping up with products . That is not even thinking about printing hard copies.

Just a thought.
If I purchased a Bentley car and needed help with Naim audio system would the Bentley dealer tell me to search the internet?
One cannot imagine that going downwell with the strata of society who purchase a Bentley.
#justsaying.

2 Likes

Hopefully most Naim owners arenā€™t entitled.

1 Like

Of course I donā€™t mind helping either, and I frequently try to. But you must admit, a lot of the questions really donā€™t need to come here in the first place. Do I need another Snaic to power my Supernait with a Hicap? Really? Just RTFM! Online of courseā€¦

The knock-on effect of inadequate support documentation is frustrated customers, many of whom will put an additional burden on the phone/email/forum alternatives, or worse, give up. Either way, there is a cost to Naim.
While I believe that a paper copy of a manual, or even a quick start guide, is inexcusable, the downloadable pdfs are easily accessible. Naim used to produce very good ones, and when people come to the forum with questions about how to use a Unitiserve, NDX or 282, the chances are that the 10 year old manual that predates the latest software version will still contain the answers.
The online support thing that has replaced the manuals might, in theory, be easier to update, but in practice, itā€™s clear that this is not done. Its search facility often fails to return any results at all, even if you ask it really basic questions. Then, even if there are some results, the pages often donā€™t display correctly. Itā€™s a total car crash.

3 Likes

Speaking of manualsā€¦I just purchased a used Statement system. It actually came with a manual. But while reading the manual, it referred to an additional manual called, ā€œThe Statement Installation Manualā€ which was not included. The basic manual said I could download it if I needed to on the Naim Support web site. I tried to do that but there was no mention of it on there. What an absurd situation!!!

Anyone have an idea how I can get the Installation Manual? Since I purchased the Statement used from the UK (Iā€™m in NY) I will be installing it myself in the next couple of days.

Thanks for any help. and btwā€¦I could not possibly agree more that needing to go onto this forum to get basic questions addressed is inexcusable.

There was (is) a dealer loginā€¦on the websiteā€¦
they were never meant to be installed by customers. Naim and Jason should help?

Ahhā€¦it seems all roads lead to Jason!

Did you get the accessory pack with remote and booklets and wrench and allen key? If yes, then that installation manual is missing.
I think best call Naim so you can get whatever parts you donā€™t have.

I assume you have this one?

The regular manual, remote, cables, and hard covered book were shipped separately, and I received them yesterday. The beasts will arrive within the next couple of days. Iā€™ll see what shows up in those crates along with the units themselves.

Can you share the make and model please? And do you have any tips regarding setup?

That is a very thorough manualā€¦

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.