Naim 160 power cable replacement?

Hi there,
I have an old Naim 160 I’m trying to use again after several years. And I can’t find the power cord. I’d like to get a replacement, but I don’t know what to ask for. Is there a generic name for this type of cable like “hdmi cord”? Much as I’d like to I can’t really afford to spend hundreds on a “best of the best” cable. I’ve really assembled my system with good second hand stuff over time. I totally realise this amp is pretty old… But if anyone has any ideas, I’d really appreciate it!

Depending upon how old the NAP160 is, it will use either a small round 3 pin Bulgin plus and socket (early), or else a more rectangular IEC plug and socket (later). If the latter, then these are readily available new as well as secondhand. You can even fit upgraded types, such as Naim’s Powerline and Powerline Lite. However, if it’s the earlier round Bulgin type then you likely won’t find anything off the shelf. You may well be able to find a plug somewhere like eBay but then you would need to fit it to a suitable mains lead. Probably something best left to an established Naim dealer. And who knows, they may even have an old spare lead tucked away in a drawer somewhere!

1 Like

Here’s a post with a reference to a supplier, if any help?

1 Like

Thank you both! The 160 is pretty old. The top is screwed on. I’ve googled the Bulgin plug - and that’s what it looks like. I moved from the UK to the US a few years back and had it, a 32 and a second-hand pair of Isobariks in storage. I got the 160 converted to 120v. But the old cable plug head got lost in the shuffle. Hopefully now I can get it all working again! I’ve been using a Linn DS into a Klout into Keosas. So it’ll be fun to hear the difference. I know the 160/Isobariks were really powerful sounding with the old Sondek I had. But I’m wondering if they may be too bright with a modern digital source. So let’s see!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.