Naim and Nakamichi (again)

I understand, thanks.

Candy - used to enjoy my old Nakamichi till it died - impressed you’ve managed to keep yours going.

Anyway - notice the ATC CD player at the top.
When the unavailable mech in my CDX/XPS finally gives up the ghost, am fan of ATC speakers, so would consider ATC replacement - your views on its suitability would be appreciated?

Looks great as it is, I love the classic kit but could never afford Nakamichi stuff. I have had great results with ‘non-purist’ set ups but there is no doubting a good isolated stand really helps resolve things. But it is all about what you like and don’t let anybody spoil your enjoyment!

1 Like

Hi there,

My apologies, I’ve only just seen your question. I have a hoard of CD players in various set-ups (Roksan Blak, Meridian 506, G07, G08, Naim CDi, Cyrus CDi-XR, two ATC players). The ATC player is clean and analytic. It rarely refuses a disc (unlike the Naim and Meridian G08). I do actually play one of the ATCs through a pair of ATC SCM-20 speakers, but in an unusual set up where the speakers are about 7 feet away from a back wall - they produce a beautiful stereo image which seems to hang behind and between the speakers. I’m not sure how they would be in a more conventional positioning. love Stevie xx

Thank you. I completely agree with you: “it is all about what you like”. The thought that I’m not using something “properly” seems strange, as long as I enjoy it. I always bear in mind that I own the hi-fi, rather than it owning me xx

1 Like

I love this picture, I have had so many great ‘Walkman’ products over the years and this brought back memories, remember mini discs! I think I have a Walkman pro in a box somewhere, I can feel a thread coming on……

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.