Naim and Norma

Bit of shot in the dark, but wondered if anyone had experience using a Naim source (Ndx2, NDS, ND5XS2 etc) with Norma amplification?

1 Like

Bob Surgeoner was using Norma kit at the Bristol show 2020 with his Neat speakers… which anecdotally have been developed using Naim electronics. You could always ask.

2 Likes

I am using a Norma IPA 70 although with Chord source rather than Naim. Without any personal experience with other sources, the Norma characteristics on paper at least would appear to suit Naim. It offers much of what attracts one to Naim, with a strong dynamic presentation, but has, and for me is why I chose Norma over Naim, a sparkling clear and non-fatiguing high end out of the box (ie without needing to add power supplies etc). I would highly recommend having a listen if you can.

3 Likes

Hi Flachead, thanks for the insight. I have an IPA140 myself, and it’s great, especially good with voices. I’m thinking of adding an ndx2 as as source so wondered about synergy (selling a TT2 to fund).
What speakers are you using with your Norma?

2 Likes

Ah, you are moving to Naim, I moved from Naim and bought the TT2/mScaler over the NDX2. I’m using Marten Duke 2 speakers.

1 Like

Norma amplification works well together with Naim streamers and provides very good results

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.