Naim announcement tonight?

Probably because they’re a car company and predominantly design and make cars.

However, I do see that they designed some headphones a few years back, so who knows…

However, I do like the idea of a Naim portable music player. Or even a personal DAP from elsewhere but with some Naim magic sprinkled on the audio stages.

2 Likes

Slightly confused at the members of a forum spending money on a stereo costing upwards of 1200 uk pounds, plus source plus speakers, bemoaning the fact they aren’t part of the economic elite.

9 Likes

I typed a big comment and then deleted it. What’s the point? The world’s on fire and some of you are pissed off that you didn’t get your new toy. BIG Deal.

I know, I’m heading for hell.

6 Likes

What a great idea, with an app that would work with Apple Car Play. Naim for the masses.

1 Like

Charlie.

The car doesn’t merit comment other than to say that like as not it won’t be a good match for towing Nigel’s caravan which obviously makes it poor value for money at €2.6M.

On a more positive note I hope the engineers enjoyed working on the project and learnt something useful from it that may be of wider benefit to them as individuals, the company and the company’s customer base both present and future.

In my opinion however your engineers good work is undermined by marketing drivel such as ‘1300 W of Sonic Power’ and ‘symmetrically placed loudspeakers’. I think Naim could make some improvement promoting its products without such grating nonsense.

1 Like

Yes and the wife gets to share😉

1 Like

Did you read that in any of the posts?

I think it’s bloody brilliant. A small British company chosen to provide the audio for perhaps the most advanced car on the planet. Roll back a few years when Muso was announced and Naim were accused on this very same forum of dumbing down because god forbid they were going to sell in John Lewis. You can’t do the right thing for doing…

16 Likes

Quite, just meaning its possible, we shall see.

Or coal if your in Germany

Priorities. I’m sure most of them doesn’t own a super sports car too.

Absolutely. Priorities.

Who was waiting for a new product?

What is it you are waiting for?

Let Naim know via this forum.

For me it’s an aftermarket or dealer installed option of an in car sound system.

From a few unofficial enquires and discussions I have had I understand consumer sales of home entertainment products and consumer technology has remained buoyant or even been boosted since much of the world went into Covid 19 lockdown… apparently though it has exposed issues and failings in the supply chain especially with global sourcing exposed by the pandemic , ie components and OEM products being imported from the Far East and elsewhere for British manufacturers.
It will be interesting how long the growth surge will last for… and what it will shrink back to.
Hopefully Naim are making the most of it whilst it lasts, assuming they are not too critically hit with distant supply chain issues.

1 Like

hahahaha, I laugh badly. First, the tweet was not from Naim himself but purely someone from marketing. Who is rightly enthusiastic because of the beautiful collaboration with a very large and well-known design agency. Someone posts this on the forum, several of whom I have responded with humor. Then, despite the odd time and announcement, many people begin to hope for their long-desired product. When the time comes, we will all complain. I think Naim is very clear that there are wishes. But building an amplifier that is also better than the previous one is not easy. So, for example, the long-requested successor to a 272 can be very complicated. People are therefore not satisfied if the new only Qobuz and Roon extra can. but great to see what a soap does.

2 Likes

They were holding the chart the wrong way up when they named ‘trickle-down’ economics.

2 Likes

If we get this much heated debate about an electric supercar imagine what will happen when they announce a streamer/preamp plan. Might have to book a day off work to keep up with the comments on that one…

2 Likes

I was going to say something very similar - I have little interest in cars myself, perhaps I’ve never driven a decent enough car to hanker after a particular brand, but the motoring enthusiast audience is huge and the Naim brand is likely to be mentioned by association in hundreds or thousands of publications worldwide as well as on Top Gear type shows (is it still going?).

Your average car buff oggling over an unaffordable supercar in a motoring magazine is unlikely to be interested in classic Naim kit unless they already have a hi-fi bug - they are likely however to subsequently link the Naim brand with more affordable lifetsyle products which are all pevasive these days - can only be good for Muso and potentially Uniti series sales, and once admittedly smaller numbers get hooked on decent playback they may want to look into higher end gear.

You’d need a big back pocket to accommodate the power supply.

1 Like

3 Likes

Is that the market that buys high end Hi-Fi? … Other than the niche Statement customers, possibly, I suspect not… that crowd possibly go for the Bose of the world… I don’t want to be derogatory to Bose… but perhaps style over substance and trophies.

But sure no harm in having balanced and a portfolio of marketing for your customer base… the impression I get from many of the comments it perhaps doesn’t appear balanced and disproportionately elitist… but yes this forum is only a tiny bubble of Naim’s customers… so need to put in context. Perhaps on this forum we are out of step with many of Naim’s growing market, I would not be surprised… we might have created our own bubble here and clinging on to a bygone era of Naim…

4 Likes