Naim announcement tonight?

Every product launch I’ve seen has had way more publicity around it than just a tweet. So I think the people mentioning special editions, partnerships, websites etc. are far more likely to be on the mark than those dreaming of products.

1 Like

VAT free purchases for all forum members during August. :heart_eyes:

11 Likes

Having now had a few hours to ponder this I think I have it sussed out.

Those new CB style signs that recently appeared at Naim HQ were in fact a sign in themselves.

Tonight they will be reviving the Chrome Bumper product range with the addition of a new 372 squeezed into the shoebox casing.

Realistically, a new website as suggested by Dave.

1 Like

A new website is not someting VERY special.

1 Like

Head of PR and Clare Newsome are getting married ?

4 Likes

Richard told us a while back that the website was being revamped, sadly I think that’s probably what this will be.

I can’t think of anywhere where 11pm U.K. time is a great announcement slot, mid-afternoon to early evening in the US. 8am in Eastern Aus isn’t too bad, but 9am is more common in my experience and I think that’s Antarctica at the moment. Noon would be Honolulu, not the biggest markets I suspect.

1 Like

It is to marketeers sadly.

The current website is a shambles.

So although not at all special for us, I believe for Naim it is indeed VERY special.

Mid-night in France, maybe it’s a management buy out.

.sjb

1 Like

No, it will be 12:00 pm (12 hours post meridiem), and 00:00 hours am

1 Like

Perhaps the point is that 11pm UK time is not convenient for anyone and so the surge of traffic from the Naim community will be contained and won’t bring the server down (#flatten the peak).

5 Likes

There’s been some activity on other forums about a sell off from one Vulture Capitalist to a different Vulture Capitalist.

2 Likes

Good call, especially if it’s a new website, always embarrassing when they crash under load. :grinning:

An MBO would be nice if Naim (and Focal?) ended up in staff hands again, the change of VC rumour Suzywong refers to below would be a downer.

3 Likes

You guys are not forgetting it is Naim/Focal right, so not necessarily Naim news related, unfortunately.

1 Like

Focal starts producing SBLs again?

6 Likes

So perhaps it’s the time that sensitive announcements are made before the stock market opens somewhere. Eg in UK announcements that are stock price sensitive are always made at 7am, before trading opens at 8 am.

I think it’s a product of some sort (which could include a website) because of the use of ‘launch’.

I don’t think it’s ownership because I’m not sure you launch an annoucement.

Anyway… will see soon enough.

Personally I’ve got my fingers crossed for a free programme where they will re-case NAC52s, nDACs, Supercaps and SNAXO242s in CB casing. Not too much to hope for really.

1 Like

Naim is normally a bit late to the party. Maybe they will announce that they have produced a Ventilator too.

15 Likes

Brilliant!

I almost choked on my chocolate digestive.