Naim announcement tonight?

And in true Naim style style, it will need a separate PSU (or preferably, two) in order to give of its best.

4 Likes

Hong Kong? Just guessing.

Just what most of you all saying.
No new Naim products.
Itā€™s a Focal Naim thing. Can be management related. Or it will be about a closer cooperation whether a product is built and developed jointly. I do not see here why separate Naim products will be announced.

I think youā€™re are over-reading. I read it thus: the launch is simply what is happening at 11 pm - i.e. itā€™s PR speak for going public. What Naim/Focal are doing is announcing something ā€˜very specialā€™. So I doubt it is a new product launch, but more likely on the lines, as suggested, of announcing a new website. A possible development, apart from cleaning up what has been added to rather than being properly restructured over the years, is a combined Naim/Focal site. I note that Clare Newsome is Head of PR Focal and Naim Audio.

Alpha Private Equity acquired Vervent (Focal & Naim) in December last year so unlikely, but not impossible, that there is another change of ownership now. With new PE owners there is usually new plans and targets and a sense of urgency in getting things moving.

If it anything along these lines it is more likely that Vervent have acquired another brand.

As the Muso2 launch was ā€™leakedā€™ as something that would change the future of the hifi-industry, I am not expecting this to be revolutionary news. The end of July is hardly a good time to launch a significant new product.

Hans

The UK and French governments have reached an agreement that mullets are an affront to flat earth principles and that as of 11PM / Midnight anyone found to have a mullet using any brand other than Focal speakers (or to have owned on in the past) will be committed to a secure psychiatric establishment.

12 Likes

Sure, which is why I mentioned a website, which could well be a combined Naim/Focal website as you suggest.

Thereā€™s every risk that Iā€™m over-analysing stuff. Boredom tends to make me do thatā€¦

maybe it is even crazier. it becomes one brand. initially named: NaimFocal. which will come to a default name later. management, development, research and production merged to ensure long-term sustainability. but probably in marketing language: to make even better products at the current demand and time.

I guess that would explain the ā€˜Launchā€™ language; the launch of a new company?

A television :astonished:

Sorry - I wasnā€™t meaning to be rude. In fact I went on to overanalyse the announcement myself!

I didnā€™t take it as rude, sorry if I seemed defensive or short- not my intention.

I really should use emojis but for some reason I just canā€™t bring myself to.

1 Like

If itā€™s not the new streaming preamp Iā€™ll eat my hat.

1 Like

That would be lovely ā€“ I could then adopt a broken 282 for a good price. :grinning:

2 Likes

I seem to recall the same terminology when the new streaming platform was launchedā€¦

Sir Humphrey Appleby would be spinning in his grave!

3 Likes

Would you like fries with that? :wink:

1 Like

UK/French company making announcement at 11pm? Come onā€¦ Europe and China is sleeping and US stopped working. Clever PR management!

Be careful, Paddy Ashdown was too confident tooā€¦ In the event, we expect no less than a YouTube live stream at prime timeā€¦ :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Richard Dane to take over the day to day operations