Naim announcement tonight?

Already done; the Technics RS-M65, RS-M75 and RS-M85/88 are a perfect fit in a standard Fraim space. Here’s my own RS-M85 in standard Fraim…

The Nakamchi BX-300 will also fit, but you have to cheat a bit and remove the feet or the cups and balls for the glass shelf.

14 Likes

Agreed time to move on. I’m going mute it.

2 Likes

I received an email from the National Trust this morning saying that - very reluctantly - they were going to have to make some staff redundant. That’s the world today - not the world of 1,900hp super-cars.
The least you can say is that it’s very bad timing on Naim’s part - the announcement should have been made… 30 years ago? As for the PR lady, nice though she is, she should move out of her bubble.
But, as @Pete_the_painter says - time to move on.

What have the Romans ever done for us?

1 Like

Finest bamboo

1 Like

And super car makers don’t employ 000s of people?

Doomed! We’re all doomed I tell you!! :wink:

To be fair, it’s a PR pre-announcement, made on twitter aimed at anyone who was following the PR Head.

If there had been a post placed on the forum then I could understand a little irritation about ‘wasting time’ since it’s a very niche product that the vast majority here won’t have much (if any) interest in. But it wasn’t placed here by Naim.

With Twitter it’s just shouting into the void; which I is completely legitimate. I was curious and did check here after 11 but I certainly didn’t feel it wasted my time.

If it pulls some revenues in, sells one or two Statement level systems to the car owners and a few musos etc. on the back of it then I guess it’s done its job.

2 Likes

Timing is really the only problem, it’s was probably out of Naims control and you can’t blame someone for doing their job, I think it’s a bit unfair. It wasn’t the announcement we’d hoped for, big deal, have your say and move on. In my opinion in the current climate it’s not a good look, but life goes on. Businesses have to get back to work.

Maybe we should congratulate them, after all it is a big achievement and let’s hope it leads to better things for us mortals.

It’s a niche business.

I wouldn’t go as far as that, but hundreds of thousands have lost or will lose their jobs. No time to think about supercars.

2 Likes

Or £X’000 streaming pre-amps??

1 Like

Not sure I follow your logic. The best way to preserve jobs is for those with money to spend it…

2 Likes

Great, thanks. I will check them out.

But I think you miss the point, if any car manufacturer super or otherwise shuts up shop that’s 000s more out of work. Shutting down McClaren or Ferrari in sympathy with the National Trust - of whom I’m a member - isn’t going to help. In fact it’s going to make things worse with loss of tax revenues etc.

I have hinted to the Comptroller of the Finances of the Household that I could do with another XPS…

1 Like

And if it was that important she actually answered some guessers immediately on twitter. It is only if a company is public these things matter.

Popeye,

If you are not seeing it then you are not paying attention. I recently saw an ND555 head unit go for $6-7k. Very easy to find NDS going for $3-4K.

1 Like

All right, but apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, a fresh water system, and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us ?” :rofl:

Scott

3 Likes

@Richard.Dane - any immediate plans to represent Naim at Battista demonstrations or unveilings? Naim has no finer ambassador…