Naim app for Apple Watch

Surely can’t be that difficult, can it?

Why?

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”

― John Lydgate

This guy should try the Naim app on the Apple Watch.

4 Likes

There are bigger issues to fix first.

“The Incredible Shrinking Man”?

2 Likes

Yes, :+1:

1 Like

Why not

1 Like

It will fix

1 Like

Yes. Hunger, world peace, global warming, malaria, all need to be addressed. This is relatively simple app translation to a digital device that one could reasonably expect to control another digital device.

But let’s not kid ourselves, folks. I’m asking the question purely out of laziness. I’m in my office, I’d like to turn up the volume from the sofa, my phone is downstairs, and I don’t want to stand up and walk the 3 steps to twist the volume dial on the 172. I look at my wrist, and lo and behold…another dial that would increase the volume had I been listing to a HomePod.

User experience goes beyond the app/device - it’s increasingly the ecosystem of connected devices via apps.

There are problems in the app that need to be fixed before introducing a new UI.

1 Like

The app is fine. And it’s never going to be 100% fixed.

Don’t let perfect be the enemy of good.

1 Like

Or you could just use the remote.

1 Like

I suspect you don’t have much practical experience of software system design.

The remote is on my wrist. That’s the point.

Then programme the IR emitter of the apple watch…

Oh, it doesn’t have one, because it isn’t a remote.

Or microwave oven system design.

Not sure how either are relevant to this conversation.

Just get an app developer to make the Naim app work on WatchOS. That’s all I’m saying. If it costs Naim 2 million dollars - obviously don’t do it. If it costs 100k to get 2 guys in a garage to develop a prototype and then refine it a bit…What’s the harm?

Because there are important functional elements that need to be made more reliable before additional UIs and complexity are added.

Like?

Finding a room. Naim App has always been, at best of times, unreliable. You must have missed the memo.