Naim app for iOS 5.20 crashes

Thanks to the whole Naim team for the super fast responses and the fixing.

4 Likes

I also left a positive 5 star rating for the first class support in the App Store.

2 Likes

Thanks @Joamato

Can you also advise them that my iPhone 11pro running iOS 14.4 cannot find either my MuSo 1st gen or my NDX2.

I’m sure @tomvamos is following the thread.

Is this following you updating the App?

Since the Naim app updated to 5.20, I have experienced crashes while playing long (>15 minutes or so) tracks. Happens on any long track. If I start streaming in the middle of the track, crash still occurs after about the same length of time.

Crashes occur whether streaming from iPhone 11 Pro Max or iPad 2020, both running iOS 14.4. Playback is through MuSo Q v1. This happens with Tidal–cannot try Qobuz because v1 of the MuSo Q doesn’t support it.

I’m suspicious that the problem is in Naim 5.20, since it began right after the update. Thanks for your help!

Hi there, is this via Airplay or do you mean using the Tidal source in the app to start a track?
Thanks, Tom

1 Like

I’m using the Tidal source in the Naim app to start the track.

1 Like

Something similar happened to me a few (2 or 3) times - and now that you mention it, it does seem like when the “crash” occurred, I was playing a long track (over 10 mins). In my case, the “crash” was more like a “freeze” where the track stopped, didn’t complete playing the track and didn’t go to the next track. But when I manually played the next track, it would work - so it wasn’t a hard “crash” for me.

1 Like

I have substituted a Mu-so 2 for the Mu-so Q v1. The problem has not recurred, so I’m assuming it was due to an incompatibility between the 5.20 update and the old Q1.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.