Naim App - Organizing Genres and Albums

I really like the Naim App and the simple, easy access I gives me to all my music and everything in my system. But I can’t seem to figure out how to sort the albums I Favourite, or Add to My Collection.

All I want do do is arrange the albums into genre groups, but I haven’t been able to do this. So, the Albums, and the Tracks, are all just in the order that I search and favourited them.
It must be a simple thing that I’m missing.

Please let me know how I can do this.
Thank you very much, in advance, for any assistance anyone can offer.
Cheers.

Dave

This is controlled by the UPnP server, not the app. The app just presents whatever organisation it is given.

What are you locally streaming from?

Thanks for the reply.
I’m streaming from Tidal though an NDS.

Dave

Hi,

In Tidal, within the Naim app., you should see, under “My Collection”, four choices as to how to display them.

I use “Albums” and to the right of that “A-Z”, which then offers a further four choices to sort by, in my case, “Artist”, which then sorts them out alphabetically.

:+1:

1 Like

Hi Dave.
I went in and double checked what I’ve been doing there, and I set it to artist and that helped a bit, so thanks.
Then I dug around a bit, and I’m gonna try making four or five playlists such as: Classical Strings, Classical Piano, Symphonies, Rock, Jazz, Pop. Then I’ll just save each album in my Collection under the corresponding playlist.

That should sort them into the Genre groups, and I’ll just play them from there. Until now, I haven’t used the Playlists much.

Dave

playlists are the answer - but remember that naim will only include the first 500 tracks when you play on shuffle

1 Like

Super … glad to hear I’m on the right track. I had company today, so I couldn’t play with the Playlist section, but they were very intrigued by what good streaming can sound like.
Most people have only ever heard streaming on a cell phone or an in expensive setup.
The shuffle play shouldn’t be an issue for me, I usually play an album or select tracks and queue last, but it’s good to know the limitation. Thanks.

Dave

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.