Naim app - show radio logo

My Muso QB1’s do not show the logos but my Muso QB2 does show the logos.

The closest you’ll get to that is probably to use something like TuneIn, or for BBC, the Sounds app, and send it to the Muso via AirPlay.

I find that a bit hard to believe. Why wouldn’t the app be able to show a logo? It can show them within iRadio, so why not for the presets / now playing?

I’d be interested in any explanation as to why it’s not possible, can you share anything?

Also, multiple people (@mikehughescq, @GrahamK) above seem to report it does work for them on older gen devices.

I’m just telling what Naim told me, I don’t have details to share.
As to why others have said it works for them on older gen devices, what devices specifically & is that using basic internet to app or enhanced with another casting medium.
Also just to be sure it’s understood what I said, the radio station logo does not show on the streamer (NDS, NDX, ND5 etc) Preset screen. The station logos do show in all iRadio browsing screens & the Now Playing screen

“The radio station logo does not show on the streamer (NDS, NDX, ND5 etc) Preset screen. The station logos do show in all iRadio browsing screens & the Now Playing screen”
That is exactly how it works for me on both a QB (1st gen) and 272 on both iPhone and iPad and I don’t see it as a problem.

Mike

The only way I can see the iradio logos is by using Roon.
Using the Naim app I see only the old style radio logo for the old ‘Qutes.

It’s not the app as I understand it, but something in the streamer itself. The presets are held in the streamer rather than the app. As Mike said, we raised this in beta, as it would be a nice feature, but were told it can’t be done. Naim are really helpful and do try to resolve these little issues, and we can trust them when they say it’s, ‘alas’, not possible.

@anon4489532 is quite right. In short, on Gen 1 products no artwork cannot be recalled from a pre-set but, via a different interaction, artwork is provided on the Now Playing screen.

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying.

One thing though, are you saying I should have artwork on the now playing screen? Because I don’t. On my Qb1 I see the same Icon as for the presets there. The only place I see artwork is when browsing through the iRadio “input”.

Should I report a bug?

No thanks. We’ll take a look.

it’s surprising that the app is unable to pull the artwork from the internet / respective radio channels, rather than be reliant upon what the naim mu-so gen 1 hardware can accommodate. There surely must be some kind of work-around for the app to do this and display within the presets…

I’d just like to have a tile view showing the radio artwork…

I bet that’s what the ‘different interaction’ that @tomvamos was referring to is. Not sure why that same interaction can’t be used for the presets.

Actually in earlier days the app showed me all logos for each radio stations, but than after an app update they were all gone. Despite trying everything I could not get them back using a Superuniti. Works fine on Mu-so Qb 2.

ah, @tomgroove - sounds like its doable then

@tomvamos - over to you…

It was at least in earlier days, Matt87 :wink: My last hope is the firmware update for the Superuniti, which I didn’t run yet.

The last firmware update, 4.7, must be well over a year ago. I don’t think that is going to help you. My SuperUniti is on 4.7 and doesn’t show the logos on the home page for the device. Or did you mean something else?
Best

David

So you just deleted my last hope :wink: yes, that is what I meant…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.