Naim App

I’ve had a demo Muso 2 on loan for two weeks and then, because it was so impressive, today picked up my own. In the last two weeks I’ve been thoroughly impressed with the hardware, and horrified by the ap. It’s archaic and certainly not intuitive. For years other firms eg Ruark, Apple, B&W, Sonos have made things clear, straightforward and quick, while the Naim app is stuck in the dark ages. It really lets the company down.

For example, I want to log into Tidal via the Naim App. “Sign up or log in” is the title, but it defaults to signing up, so as an existing user, I can’t sign in. Instead, I have to flick between screens and apps on the phone to play music. It’s infuriating and so unnecessary. The software is quick and cheap to develop now, so why is this so user-unfriendly? It’s such an easy fix and “low hanging fruit”

Come on Naim. We bought your SQ, not your competitors’. Your products deserve a great app!

No issues with Tidal on my Muso 2. It’s logged in and stays logged in.

If you log out, then try to log in, does it try to create a new account? There’s no clear separation between login and create

Not that I remember. My Missus managed to login unaided so it can’t be that hard :slightly_smiling_face:

Ouch

2 Likes

Well it certainly doesn’t allow me to log in via the Naim app from an iPhone.

And I’ve not been able to connect via the Naim app for several days following a period when it did work. Rebooting the Muso and the router, and deleting and reinstalling the app has made no difference.

It’s been a pretty awful experience as a new owner, and had I known how glitchy this would be I don’t think I would have bought it. I can’t discuss it with the shop as they are closed for another week, so as things stand, it’s an annoyance not a sonic joy.

I’ve ignored Apple products since the Apple II so I can’t help with that.

Are you now saying that the Naim App doesn’t see the Mu-So at all?

Yes.

A week deleting and reinstalling the app, hardwiring the ethernet cable, and resetting, but the app wouldn’t find the “room”.

I unplugged it again overnight, and after plugging it back into the mains it’s now connected after going through set-up. It’s been an extremely frustrating introduction to the system, and while Tidal lets you log in and connect on an iPad, as it should via the app, but doesn’t on the iPhone, the techies have some simple, basic but important work to do on the app generally.

Let’s see how long it stays connected this time.

I’ve used the app on and off with my muso and nova for a while and had no problems I use the app on my iPhone 14 and occasionally on the MacBook no problem. However since starting with Roon I can really see the limitations. Roon is excellent for me, especially now with the arc function. Just wondered if naim could set up a similar app function as Roon and the Roon core ?

While you may be experiencing issues with Tidal and iOS app, as others have also said, no probs here.
Useful if you posted exactly what iPhone and iOS version number you are running - one or two peps may have had similar issues.
IIRC it is possible it was Tidal login, which was or is fickle about characters in a password - forum search is your friend for Tidal login problems.

We all have differing views, but many, many of us use the app day in, day out and often for hours at a time, finding it works well. As for criticism of the Naim app, bear in mind the following. The app was first developed for Naim’s early streamers, when streaming was largely from local music stores, Tidal, Qobuz et al rarely existed or didn’t.
Today the app controls the very latest NSC222 streamer, as well as back to the first streaming products.
Naim owners may own only one streamer, some are fortunate to own more than one, often of different ages.
All are controlled by the app, with an ability to multiroom as yet another feature.
Longevity is an underlying philosophy of all that Naim does. The app controls now, units which never existed when the app was first launched, as well as including features such as on-line streaming services. Whatever its shortcomings, it is not broken and many of us find it does the job well.
For those who want a different integration, Roon is an option.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.