Naim at the Bristol Show 2020

No SL2’s though, but at least SBL’s are there

I’ll be in early Saturday morning. It would be nice to meet some of you at the terrace for a cup of coffee.

Chag -

1 Like

Why not top 10? :thinking:

No idea…

Perhaps we could nominate a no. 10

My vote goes to Muso.

I’d have the 52 somewhere in that list.

3 Likes

The first would be cdx2/xps2, the more enjoyable CD player on all time.

Price?

I don’t have prices yet.

The 911, even the latest model, is a pretty noisy environment for a car music system. This is quantified in a recent review by Harry Metcalfe - refer to ‘Harry’s Garage’ youtube channel. Seems to support oscpercy’s advice that Bose is as much as you ought to commit to in a 992 (assuming this is the model you are ordering).

Peter

now I love my SBL even more :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Im surprised the UQ didnt appear in the top 9.

Just one behind the SN3 :+1:

1 Like

Nothing wrong sound wise. Nothing wrong if you stream locally stored files. It’s lacking if you want to use streaming services. It is becoming a dinosaur.

1 Like

I remember hearing DBLs at CK’s home many moons ago. Still the single best sounding/involving system I’ve heard.

It was just . . . wow.

1 Like

The 272 will last 200 million years, wow!

5-6 years years is about the same with technology.

Northpole - I don’t think you can order any other than a 992 now!

I was referring to a 991, not tried a 992 myself yet - but yes, the interior noise was indeed a significant factor behind my thinking, although not the only consideration by any means. The difference between the two systems was certainly harder to spot when driving along.

Maybe will be different in the 992, which is supposed to be more “refined” inside. However quiet it was inside when not pressing on, I don’t think it would change my view though.

Maybe worth starting another thread on this, but all I will say is I have owned 993, 996 and 997 was not a fan of the 991 but when I test drove the 992 it was def noiser than 991, and noticably so I thought. It is by far the nicest screwed together 911 though.

It is easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission.

1 Like