Naim / B&W

Welcome to another contributor.

Don’t worry about your (excellent) English either: some here are from (Insert Here The Name Of A City You Want To Insult).

2 Likes

What is your country if I may inquire?

And welcome to the Forum.

Rafael, I’m from Argentina and Naim has a small distributor here, and they don’t work with B&W speakers.
Thanks for your welcomeThank you!

3 Likes

Might be worth asking the Naim dealer if you could bring along your 805s to hear how the SN3 handles them before making a decision.

2 Likes

i ´ll try to explain in my basic english with the google translate help.
I have this speaker(B&W 805D3) since 5 years ago. I downsizing my audio system five years ago.
When I bought the B&W 805, i had a big amplifier yet, and the B&W shined with this 200W powerfull amplifier.
I know that B&W is a high power consumer and my actual receiver has 140W/Channel, much more than the SN3 but…is a receiver…
I was looking for a better amp option(Refined) for my system and this is why i asked here for the Naim supernait/805D3 compatibility, because I read excelent reviews of SN3.
I dont know if the SN3 has enough power for my Speaker and the answers that received here(reservations, doubts, questions) i believe goes for the power side
I don ´t hear music at high volume, but my experience with this speakers, said that Watts helps B&W´s to shine.
The seller offer me the Naim and a Rega aethos that is 125 W/Ch, as a powerfull alternative, but i think the Naim is in another league…

I’ve driven my Signature 805’s with a Nait5, which is nowhere near as powerful as a SN3. I’ve also used a NAP200 for the longest time and that worked really well. I only recently switched it to a NAP250, which dies show the control a lot more, but better amps in the Naim lineup will simply always do that. And Naim doesn’t generally give the highest ratings to their amps, but they are more realistic and a lot more powerful than their numbers would have you believe. The NAP500 comes to mind :wink:

Yes, B&W like to be a little louder to shine, so if that’s not something you can do, it might not matter which amplifier you use.

As suggested, if you can, bring your 805’s and see what happens. I’m positive the SN3 can do a good job, without having heard it, based on my lowly but awesome Nait5 back in the day :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The 350’s are awesome but perhaps a bit above his budget. Mine drive 802D2’s - amazing.

Naim is in a different league- enjoy - it will be loud enough but more importantly it will be able to control them.

Disagree I have had a number of Naim amps and different B&W’s - they work really well together. As it’s always the case, the better of the source and amplifier the better the speaker will sound

1 Like

Perhaps I misunderstood what you saying? Your dealer does not have B&W speakers or were you saying that B&W speakers are not good at working with Naim amplifiers?

No, sorry, I don’t know if I expressed myself well. My seller does not sell the B&W brand, so he does not even have any pair to hear in his local.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.